Plans for the new song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i actually think "Walk Out Into The Streets" might be the first single. maybe it would fit this whole RED thing. Bono sounds angry about things on that song.

I can definitely see that. It would be a great choice.

Alright, fuck this. Where is everyone at?

People, we have just received the best band related news in over two years.

There is a new U2 song coming out in 6 days.

Get pumped motherfuckers. This is some serious shit. I just cracked open my first beer at 4:19 p.m. in celebration of this shit. I hope I haven't busted my load too early. To tell the truth, if it ends up being a cover.......ahhhhh fuck it, I'm still gassed. But if we get a new, original U2 song in 6 days well then slap my ass and call me Shirley. I don't even know what I'll do with myself.

Cheers to you Interference! I'll see you on the other side.

Holy fucking shit. You're right. :drool:

Alright, fuck this. Where is everyone at?

People, we have just received the best band related news in over two years.

There is a new U2 song coming out in 6 days.

Get pumped motherfuckers. This is some serious shit. I just cracked open my first beer at 4:19 p.m. in celebration of this shit. I hope I haven't busted my load too early. To tell the truth, if it ends up being a cover.......ahhhhh fuck it, I'm still gassed. But if we get a new, original U2 song in 6 days well then slap my ass and call me Shirley. I don't even know what I'll do with myself.

Cheers to you Interference! I'll see you on the other side.

There is a new song released every week after the 1st, u2's might not be out for another 5.

I wish U2 had a blog like Deerhunter, and released songs/demos for free every month.

and yes, this is exciting news. i think some of us are being cautiously optimistic after the delay. :)

As someone suggested earlier, this release could interfere with the new U2 album single and the album itself.

I'm praying that this whole RED campaign thing results in a cover song single or a really kick ass new song. But it gets me thinking, if the song is that good then it should be on the album...and if it thats the case then it may be possible that we get the new single from their new album in a few weeks. Thats pretty exciting.

Ok let's look at this logically...

if there are 4 or 5 songs, one each week in December, we know of The Killers xmas song, U2's song, Coldplay, John Legend and Elvis C & Police

I don't think the Killers xmas song will be first. more than 3 weeks from xmas, I would guess that it will be the 2nd week.

Coldplay are planning their ep/album release for early next year. if they are tying this in to that (as most here are assuming U2 aren't), then a later in the month release would support that. I'd guess it would be the last one.

So that leaves U2 with the 1st release or the 3rd release.

if this is the case, we can expect to hear something on the 1st, 15th or 22nd.

Given the RED campaign is more or less Bono's baby, it would make sense to me that they would launch the service with a bang. New U2 song. whether or not it is related to the new album. If it is a single, then great, if it's not, then thats one extra U2 song we get before this album hits the shelves.

This is speculation, but I honestly believe that we will get the U2 song up front, or in the 3rd week.

Ok let's look at this logically...

if there are 4 or 5 songs, one each week in December, we know of The Killers xmas song, U2's song, Coldplay, John Legend and Elvis C & Police

I don't think the Killers xmas song will be first. more than 3 weeks from xmas, I would guess that it will be the 2nd week.

Coldplay are planning their ep/album release for early next year. if they are tying this in to that (as most here are assuming U2 aren't), then a later in the month release would support that. I'd guess it would be the last one.

So that leaves U2 with the 1st release or the 3rd release.

if this is the case, we can expect to hear something on the 1st, 15th or 22nd.

Given the RED campaign is more or less Bono's baby, it would make sense to me that they would launch the service with a bang. New U2 song. whether or not it is related to the new album. If it is a single, then great, if it's not, then thats one extra U2 song we get before this album hits the shelves.

This is speculation, but I honestly believe that we will get the U2 song up front, or in the 3rd week.

Do we even know for sure the U2 song is coming in December? The website shows Bob Dylan, the Dixie Chicks, REM, Sheryl Crow and a number of other artists it could be any of them.

Exclusive = not on the new album.

Could be exclusive until the album comes out. The last two Killers xmas singles both were on Itunes and the last one had a CD release, I'd be surprised if all of this stuff was released once through RED only, never to be heard again.

could be an acoustic version of the new single, or of one of the new tunes... something they could whip together on a Wednesday afternoon.

That Ep came out last week..

Do we even know for sure the U2 song is coming in December? The website shows Bob Dylan, the Dixie Chicks, REM, Sheryl Crow and a number of other artists it could be any of them.

it does mention them as future possibilities, but these are the ones that they give a special mention regarding upcoming announcements. I'm simply saying this to fuse bits of information, and assumptions of others to provide some optimism about the liklihood of hearing new U2 soon

That Ep came out last week..

yeah, my bad. I knew it was around this time, but once again, shows you how much I follow Coldplay! their new album is coming out early in the new year though? Either way, it probly only firms the idea that their song for the site will be later given that the only just released the EP

i actually think "Walk Out Into The Streets" might be the first single. maybe it would fit this whole RED thing. Bono sounds angry about things on that song.

You're aware that "Walk out into the Streets" IS "Breath", right?

The "live rock" song.

I don't think we'll hear it on Dec. 1. I think it will be something new, something we haven't heard before. The article says that U2 have just recorded the song. So I guess chances are very good we get to hear something we haven't heard before in a beach clip or U2com video.

I think "Breathe" has been pretty much confirmed, Edge mentioned it several times.

Of course, in the end that doesn't mean it really will end up on the CD, but at least it's been part of a recent U2.com clip.

Who really knows.

U2's piece may not be made available until it's closer to the release of the album. If the album comes out in Feb, then it's possible that in 4/5 weeks U2 could release their new single to RED, and then to the rest of the world/iTunes.

I think a lot of people are getting hung up on the recorded last week. Maybe U2 just finished up the lead single off the album last Wednesday?

Hard to say. I guess part of me is excited, and another part of me is more curious than anything. Will it really be a new song? One that isn't set for the new album?

Just imagine if the song is new, and it's in the same vein as the last 2 albums. People in here will freak out thinking U2 are liars about being innovative, etc etc.

I guess we'll find out more in the next few weeks.

Who really knows.

I think a lot of people are getting hung up on the recorded last week. Maybe U2 just finished up the lead single off the album last Wednesday?

i agree. i wouldn't be surprised if they just completed the mastering of the new single on Wednesday.

M e r c y

Quite possible. Even though it says the song was just recorded, they could have done a new version/new take that wouldn't take much time...maybe it will end up as a b-side to the first single.

Also, if U2's song is not December 1 (and actually later), it makes it all the more likely that the song will be their first single from the new album. So I guess that's one positive way at looking at the longer wait.

Back
Top Bottom