Personal, or Not..hmmmm... ;)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rob33

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Alright, so will this be an album leaning towards the personal side? or something else? Lets discuss...

and next..not sure if this has been brought up before..how many tracks do you think the new album will have?

:)

I have no idea.

I have no idea.

It's too early to have any of these types of speculations.

well in some ways i guess...it's always interesting to see what is on other people's minds though even at this stage...

you can really see I'm desperate hahaha...

oh well..:sad: :mad: :drool:

I've spent the time getting into other music: David Bowie, Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Dave Matthews Band to name a few.

I think it'll have a lot of personal content; U2 albums usually do (but not always).

Number of tracks? Probably eleven, with a twelve-track Super Deluxe edition also available. ;) I doubt the regular album will be longer than an hour, as Bono said that people who make long albums "should be spanked for that." :lol:

Rachel D. said:
Number of tracks? Probably eleven, with a twelve-track Super Deluxe edition also available. ;) I doubt the regular album will be longer than an hour, as Bono said that people who make long albums "should be spanked for that." :lol:

Too right too. Even eleven tracks is pushing it a bit. 10 tracks and around 48 minutes is more than enough. Or 11 and 35 if you're a band like The Strokes with three minute songs. With album length, too much is more than enough.

Since the last album was so personal (with the main theme apparently revolving around the death of Bono's dad), I'm guessing that the next album will be less personal and somber and more universal and playful.

While the last album had a more intimate feel, I'm guessing that the new album will have more stadium-sized music and themes.

As far as track numbers go, with the wealth of material that it sounds like they've been able to develop, I wouldn't be surprised to see an album that's slightly longer than usual for them.

It'll be personal, but with a twist: a concept album about the band members' toenails and their daily adventures inside the stuffy confines of shoes. It will end with a glorious song of sockless freedom!

Back
Top Bottom