Perhaps it's time for Rick Rubin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
if this EP proves to be real, and we do get new songs.. we'll have producer answer soon

The title of this thread makes it all worthwhile. Every time I see it, I picture U2 pressing the Rick Rubin signal or something.

Bono: So, have you read the 360 reviews lately?

Adam: I've been staring at them for hours, but it's all a blank.

Larry: Fuck reading. *hits thing*

Bono: People think we're a bunch of pansy-asses!

Edge: You're dressed as the fucking Terminator every night. What do they want us to do, cut In A Little while?

Larry: Maybe if we stopped slapping each other's asses every night...

Bono: GTFO Larry.

Larry: That's probably what they're expecting me to do any day now...

Adam: There was this guy I used to party with way back in the day...we had this crazy idea about a Spiderman musical and shit, and we recorded a song for it. And we tried to steal this really shitty song from The Strokes...man, we were onto something. Or on something, whatever.

Bono: Wait, do you mean Rick Rubin?

Adam: I can't be expected to remember the names of all the fat guys who give me weed. Anyway, I think it's time for some more of that shit.

Larry: Yeah, Rick Rubin will whip us into shape! FEEL THE BURN.

Edge: I'll create a Rick Rubin button we can press for the occasion!

Bono: Just DON'T go forward in time and shit like you always do. I don't want to know if taking Rockin' In The Free Soul out of the vault is a bad idea or not.

Adam: Alright, guys. On the count of three. 1...uh...1...2...uhhh....

:bono::edge::heart::adam::larry: IT'S RICK RUBIN TIME! *Mighty Morphin' Irish Rangers theme plays*

The title of this thread makes it all worthwhile. Every time I see it, I picture U2 pressing the Rick Rubin signal or something.

Bono: So, have you read the 360 reviews lately?

Adam: I've been staring at them for hours, but it's all a blank.

Larry: Fuck reading. *hits thing*

Bono: People think we're a bunch of pansy-asses!

Edge: You're dressed as the fucking Terminator every night. What do they want us to do, cut In A Little while?

Larry: Maybe if we stopped slapping each other's asses every night...

Bono: GTFO Larry.

Larry: That's probably what they're expecting me to do any day now...

Adam: There was this guy I used to party with way back in the day...we had this crazy idea about a Spiderman musical and shit, and we recorded a song for it. And we tried to steal this really shitty song from The Strokes...man, we were onto something. Or on something, whatever.

Bono: Wait, do you mean Rick Rubin?

Adam: I can't be expected to remember the names of all the fat guys who give me weed. Anyway, I think it's time for some more of that shit.

Larry: Yeah, Rick Rubin will whip us into shape! FEEL THE BURN.

Edge: I'll create a Rick Rubin button we can press for the occasion!

Bono: Just DON'T go forward in time and shit like you always do. I don't want to know if taking Rockin' In The Free Soul out of the vault is a bad idea or not.

Adam: Alright, guys. On the count of three. 1...uh...1...2...uhhh....

:bono::edge::heart::adam::larry: IT'S RICK RUBIN TIME! *Mighty Morphin' Irish Rangers theme plays*
:lmao:
This thread is now about the Mighty Morphin' Irish Rangers.

EDIT: Also, Rick Rubin is summoned by a minimalist, stripped-down version of the Macphisto-Signal.

Lately, I've just been saying "I think it's time for Rick Rubin" at random moments.

Need a lightbulb changed? It's time for Rick Rubin.

Can't decide which movie to watch? It's time for Rick Rubin.

Need to have your current direction in life validated? Oh, it's definitely time for Rick Rubin.

Still haven't found what you're looking for? It's time for Rick Rubin.

fail-12838.jpg

Rick Rubin can finish the album by 3 o clock this afternoon, with a hit single. Steve Lillywhite is a fucking amateur.

Saturday is shomer shabbos. Rick doesn't work, doesn't drive a car, doesn't fuckin ride in a car, doesn't handle money, and sure as shit doesn't fucking record and ALBUM!!! SHOMER SHABBOS!!!

I thought Rick was Polish Catholic?

I guess this latest news means that it's not Rick Rubin Time. :|

I don't really care who produces it, I just want a new U2 album. With no Black Eyed Peas on it.

Just thinking about some of U2s 00s material many of them are fuzzy rockers. Songs like
Love You like Mad, Native Son, Flower Child, Smile, Summer Rain, Always don't have the razor production that a song like Vertigo has.

It does seem that Rubin has the razor production skills that these songs need.

Back
Top Bottom