on Danger Mouse's production

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I just like longer records. Fifties is good. Forty is too damn short; it always feels a little interruptus to me.

so many of those classic punk albums Bono goes on about clock in under 30.

if we get the raw, old school release we've been teased, then a short album is a possibility.

I dont expect another post-punk U2 album though

food for thought on the new Danger Mouse album, from the "Danger Mouse, That Dude" blog

I cant imagine a 35 minute U2 album.. wouldn't allow for any 5 minute mid-tempo songs! their bread and butter.

Indeed...if they have 12 songs that would mean 3-minute songs for a 36 minute album.

TGTB&TQ is 42 minutes.
Demon Days is 50.

DM prefers shorter records, but that doesn't mean he exclusively makes them. I've had the grave misfortune to hear a lot of the Black Keys recently and I really hope that DM doesn't bring that sound to U2. It's some of the worst sounding rock music I've ever heard. Flat, cluttered, and boring.

I was excited about what Danger Mouse could bring to the band. But now having heard OL and Invisible, those expectations have been tempered. He has given us nothing but modern U2 paint-by-numbers thus far.

I was excited about what Danger Mouse could bring to the band. But now having heard OL and Invisible, those expectations have been tempered. He has given us nothing but modern U2 paint-by-numbers thus far.

This is ALMOST as lazy of a criticism as "sounds like Coldplay".

Seems like there should be a "please don't recycle these lazy phrases" list stickied on every thread in this subforum. And that one should be right at the everloving top.

Original version of Control is much better IMO, Broken Bells is damn awesome though. Really hoping DM can bring some interesting new sounds to the album. That big synth sound from Edge is a good start, even though that might not necessarily be a DM influence.

Yes, many previous U2 songs have featured the main riff delivered by an organ.

What lazy fucks.

Sent from my android cause iphones are for old people

Back
Top Bottom