Old clip from Bono interview

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam3000

Acrobat
There was an old interview before NLOTH came out of Bono listening/singing along with some new U2 music in his car that they played during an interview with ABC or CBS or something.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or possibly have an mp3 copy of this? Send to adam3000@gmail.com if you do. Thanks.

The music for "City of Blinding Lights" was written in '96 for the Pop sessions, but didn't get released until 2004. So U2 has a tendency to hang on to their stuff...
Man, I hope they release this on the Pop remaster's bonus disc. :drool:

There was an old interview before NLOTH came out of Bono listening/singing along with some new U2 music in his car that they played during an interview with ABC or CBS or something.

Does anyone know what I'm talking about or possibly have an mp3 copy of this? Send to adam3000@gmail.com if you do. Thanks.

It was from an episode of 60 Minutes II on CBS back around 2000. I remember when the episode originally aired the "Original of the Species" clip wasn't in it. When it was rebroadcast the reporter was in the car with Bono and asked him what music he was listening to. He turned on his car stereo and said this was a song he wrote for his daughters and an early verison of "Original of the Species" began playing. I have/had this on videotape somewhere and I've searched for it over the years and have yet to find the tape.

i've got the clip on another computer of an mp3. it's roughly 30 seconds? I'll send it tomorrow when im back on that machine to those who want it...nothing to go gaga over though.

I'd like to hear it too! I had the video clip as well, but have also looked everywhere now and can't find it.

Back
Top Bottom