Ok, it's been 48 hours.... / Post 48 hours Analysis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Is the magic still there?

3rd masterpiece?

Nothing like they've ever done before?

Anyone wanna buy a cockatoo?

On a more serious note, I don't know yet where I will ultimately place this album amongst the canon of U2dom, but I do know that I was utterly blown away by it on the first listen, and I love it more and more with each time I listen to it. It's complex, and I think will age like fine wine.

This is an album that's going to be around a while. :up:

i loved it the first time i heard it (night it leaked). i've listened to it about 6 times now and i'm liking it less each time. there are good songs, but in all i think it's not one of their best. i'd say it's their 4th worst album after october, ufire, war.

... and Jack Bauer faced the two hardest days of his life.

i loved it the first time i heard it (night it leaked). i've listened to it about 6 times now and i'm liking it less each time. there are good songs, but in all i think it's not one of their best. i'd say it's their 4th worst album after october, ufire, war.

See just the fact that you have UF in your bottom four makes me seriously question your taste anyway but each to their own

I'm not sure what else they could do for you.
If you don't love some/most of this album, you Have to move on.
U2 is not for you. so buh, bye, love. :love:

Really, I think this is the only thing that could possibly be said to people who aren't into this album. I really believe that anyone who doesn't like this album would not be capable of enjoying anything new from u2 again.

I'm ALMOST willing to say it's the best since AB.

So close.

But Zooropa had a vibe that captured that moment in time. You can't replace it.

So did POP. Although I like the songs on NLOTH more.

ATYCLB was a nice "comeback", but the first half only does it for me....

Bomb...ehh...I hate Vertigo.....but I like the rest....mostly.

I dunno....but it DOES feel to me like the "third in the trilogy" even though it's better and different.

It's been 48 hours....and I still haven't heard it.:sad:

I was away from a computer for 49 hours and I come back to find out that it has leaked and I missed it. Anyone know where I can get it? I submitted my e-mail in the album request thread about 2 hours ago, but haven't gotten anything yet.

Please help me. I'm dying here....

so far, I'll say it's their fourth best, after Achtung, Joshua Tree and ATYCLB

It's taken me 48 hours to actually start listening past the music to the lyrics. But I'm still enamored with the music and sound effects.
What's that buzzing in Being Born? It's a very intentional buzzing that shows-up twice and pans from left ear to right ear. Just for someone to think "let's add some buzzing right at these two spots" - and the fact that the buzzing even works - fascinates me. It's like they want you to pay attention to the next part so they (probably Eno) inserted buzzing to capture your attention.

The psychology of this album is what I'm still trying to unravel. It feels like you feel when you enter, ride, and exit the NY subway system. Lots of action but lots of dark corners, unfamiliar but fascinating things, and it leaves me feeling really vulnerable.

I say the lyrics are way above ATYCLB and BOMB.

Awesome job Bono.

(or were Edge, Eno, and Lanois doing them too?)

It's been 48 hours....and I still haven't heard it.:sad:

I was away from a computer for 49 hours and I come back to find out that it has leaked and I missed it. Anyone know where I can get it? I submitted my e-mail in the album request thread about 2 hours ago, but haven't gotten anything yet.

Please help me. I'm dying here....

You've got mail.

The album as a whole didn't blow me away on the first listen (Magnificent, MOS, and Breathe did though), but from the 6th or 7th listen onward I've thought it's absolutely amazing.

To answer your question sincerely: Is it the third masterpiece? I don't know. I also don't care, because I absolutely love it and that's all that matters to me.

Does it feel like listening to AB and JT? Yes. Is it ultimately as good as them? I have no idea.

Mango, check your pm :)

oops namKcuR beat me to it........well, one can be for your computer and the other can be for your ipod :p

Back
Top Bottom