OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 / Speculations Pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 Will Release New Studio Album In Early 2009
A spokeswoman confirms...
by Jason Gregory
Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More U2
U2's long awaited new studio album will be released in the New Year, a spokeswoman for the band has confirmed.

The band are still recording the as-yet-untitled album, the follow-up to 2004's 'How To Dismantle An Atom Bomb', in Dublin.

"We still don't have a release date for this album, the band are still working,"she told the Telegraph.

"It might be early in the New Year."

Last month, U2 frontman Bono promised that the album will be their “best ever”.

“We know we have to emerge soon but we also know that people don't want another U2 album unless it is our best ever album,” he wrote on the band's website.

As previously reported on Gigwise, four songs purported to be from the album were posted on YouTube recently after a fan recorded the singer playing them to friends in France.

U2 Will Release New Studio Album In Early 2009 - GIGWISE

I actually want "new" news, not just a recap, if they were gonna get us excited about this article then they should've posted something new. :angry:

U2place.com says Dallas Schoo (after the performance of When love comes to town with BB King) confirmed the recording's over for the album, and now Bono and Lanois will be in NY to mix.

When I put that Italian article through Google translater, I came up with this...

"the work is completed on the new album with the final stage of mixing occurred in recent weeks".
Meaning it's already been done????

Yeah, its almost certainly DONE. There's no way in hell it isn't.

They might have some little nit picky things to take care of, in the same way a catering staff might still be adjusting knives and forks at a table seconds before the guests arrrive to the hall...but the tables are set. The album is done folks...it won't be long before we partake in the aural buffet of the new album. Bon apetit!

*can you tell that I'm starving right now?*

I need a snack :D

Yeah, its almost certainly DONE. There's no way in hell it isn't.

They might have some little nit picky things to take care of, in the same way a catering staff might still be adjusting knives and forks at a table seconds before the guests arrrive to the hall...but the tables are set. The album is done folks...it won't be long before we partake in the aural buffet of the new album. Bon apetit!

*can you tell that I'm starving right now?*

I need a snack :D

It's certainly starting to look that way, isn't it? But then, we've been fooled before (the Lanois "we've finished the album" comments from July).
I wish someone from the band would just say SOMETHING about it. I'm not expecting an official announcement until about mid-December, BUT I would like a "Yes, it's coming out in March" reply or something like that.

i'm sticking to the 3 month rule:

if the album is coming out in February, we'll have some concrete news (name of the first single, album release date) in November, and hear the first single in December.

i'm basing this on what happened in '04 and recent trends in the music industry. so basically, if we don't have any concrete news in November, we can still cross our fingers for a March release.

If the album is finished then why has the bands own spokeswoman just stated that they're still working on it? :confused:

If the album is finished then why has the bands own spokeswoman just stated that they're still working on it? :confused:

Good question, but you must ask yourself: what does "still working on it" constitute?

Is it, "we've got some songs on the white board that might make the album" - still working on it?...or "we've got a couple of final mixing items to take care of" - still working on it? Big difference it you ask me.

Laying down a concrete slab for the foundation of a house and putting the final touches of the landscaping and patio sidewalk are vastly different when talking about the progress of a house that is "under construction", but both constitute items that are included in a plan for a house that is "under contruction".

My guess is the latter over the former.

i'm sticking to the 3 month rule:

if the album is coming out in February, we'll have some concrete news (name of the first single, album release date) in November, and hear the first single in December.

i'm basing this on what happened in '04 and recent trends in the music industry. so basically, if we don't have any concrete news in November, we can still cross our fingers for a March release.

I agree with your "3 month" theory...and judging by their previous single and album release history its not too far from the realm of possibility.

That being said, I think that we are possibly looking at Jan/Feb single release, with a March/April album release.

As much as I'd love it to happen....I just don't see it happening THIS year.

All I see from that article written on October 29 are old quates from before, there is absolutely nothing new there so by them saying they are "Still working on it" to me sounds like BS since they are taking old items and making it into a new "news" story.

Back
Top Bottom