Official listing of tracks from u2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swan269

Rock n' Roll Doggie
official tracklisting from u2.com

The full tracklisting is as follows:

1. Beautiful Day
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. Pride (in The Name Of Love)
4. With Or Without You
5. Vertigo
6. New Year’s Day
7. Mysterious Ways
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of
9. Where The Streets Have No Name
10. Sweetest Thing
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. One
13. Desire
14. Walk On
15. Elevation
16. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
17. The Saints Are Coming
18. Window In The Skies

now really, they haven't posted anything yet. aren't we jumping the gun a bit?

as a premium member of U2.com, i can tell you that NO, they haven't posted any official tracklisting yet.

this is the list that was posted on another site. And still, somehow i doubt 2 songs from Achtung and 4 songs from ATYCLB will make the cut, while 1991-2000 (aka Zooropa, Passengers, Pop) are completely ignored.

and i still don't buy that Sweetest Thing will make the cut.

It's nice that shows it up if you log out of U2.com, but not if you're a paying member....

Clawgrabber said:

as a premium member of U2.com, i can tell you that NO, they haven't posted any official tracklisting yet.

this is the list that was posted on another site. And still, somehow i doubt 2 songs from Achtung and 4 songs from ATYCLB will make the cut, while 1991-2000 (aka Zooropa, Passengers, Pop) are completely ignored.

it shows up when you log out....i am not lying claws, and apologies will be accepted by either silence or in my mailbox. :)

Last edited:
Clawgrabber said:

http://www.u2.com/highlights/?hid=313

as a premium member of u2.com who knows enough to log off because the site sucks such big chunks, i can tell you that you got served

Last edited:
U2tour.de nailed it with their prediction. They had the same exact track listing in the same order. Maybe that is where U2.com gets their news!

"U218 Singles is the first single disc collection to span the band’s career from Boy (1980) to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (2004)"

:huh: Yet it's missing anything from four albums. :down:

edit: I Will Follow (UK bonus track)

Last edited:
A shitty tracklist, that completely ignores ten years of the band's career.

U2 manages to make yet another Best Of into a complete clusterfuck.

:huh::tsk:

"Story : Revealed! All 18 Tracks on U2 18 Singles.

The band have announced the eighteen tracks that will feature on 'U218 Singles' , the definitive 'best of' set for release on November 20th - including details of the brand new studio tracks produced by Rick Rubin at Abbey Road.
It will be released on CD and 12” vinyl and as a full length DVD featuring the single promo videos. The collection will also be available as a limited edition CD with a bonus DVD of 10 tracks recorded live in Milan, Italy on the Vertigo//05 tour.
U218 Singles is the first single disc collection to span the band’s career from Boy (1980) to How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb (2004). Also included are two tracks recorded last month with producer Rick Rubin at Abbey Road Studios in London: The Saints Are Coming (with Green Day) and a new, previously unreleased track Window In The Skies."

So now it's all about "Kiss the 2000's, fuck the 90's"... lol. Or maybe if we had some comparison of the ranking and time of their hits, we might have a clue of some sort.

What about the rumored 50 page booklet? I'd think it's not true, with the U2 by U2 being released in the same period. But heck... it would be cool to have some pictures of them recording in Abbey Road or Bono writing knee, soul and love in nearly-unreadable handwriting.

Other than that, I'd call JT and ATYCLB their "brilliant gems", while AB would be their "dark gem"... I hope the casual fans they're looking for get to discover it.

BEST OF's never seem to get at what is "the best". Of course that is me being self-centered as to what the best is. Thank God for ipods

286000916_30f009fe30.jpg

i have a raging clue that this album isn't meant for us so you should all get over it.

wow, the predicted track listing from the hunt the lyric competition was spot on, even in the running order which matches the songs in order according to the answer.

Clawgrabber said:

They said Best Known songs, of course Zooropa doesn't make it. Not surprised that Pop didn't either as U2 thinks the general public didn't like it (and they're right).

The Sweetest Thing was a more than moderate hit on Adult Contemporary charts; I predicted it would be here. Not surprised.

I am surprised that:

1. The Fly didn't make it. It's been played on nearly every tour, and nearly ever show from the last two tours.

2. EBTTRT didn't make it. It was a huge hit and in heavy MTV rotation. Maybe they think it's dated.

3. The heavy ATYCLB representation. If anything, I would've guessed four songs from HTDAAB instead. COBL or OOTS for Walk On at the minimum.

4. The number of people who figured I Will Follow was a given. That's about as well known as Bad or All I Want Is You. Popular amongst us fans, but not really widely recognized.

As had been said many times, it's not for us, we get two new tracks and two DVD's. Who cares about the rest. We've all got CD burners and have made our version of this disk probably about 400 times.

I would have made it:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Streets
3. Electrical Storm (Band Version)
4. Zoo Station
5. WGRYWH
6. Please (Single Version)
7. Vertigo
8. Bad (Live - Wide Awake In America)
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. COBL
11. UTEOTW
12. WOWY (Live - Rattle & Hum)
13. Walk On
14. OOTS
15. AIWIY
16. Yahweh

Snowlock said:

I would have made it:

1. Beautiful Day
2. Streets
3. Electrical Storm (Band Version)
4. Zoo Station
5. WGRYWH
6. Please (Single Version)
7. Vertigo
8. Bad (Live - Wide Awake In America)
9. Red Hill Mining Town
10. COBL
11. UTEOTW
12. WOWY (Live - Rattle & Hum)
13. Walk On
14. OOTS
15. AIWIY
16. Yahweh

Really good mix! NOt a fan of Walk On, but interresting otherwise!

How does it span the entire career from Boy to HTDAAB if it doesn't even include a Boy or October song?

More like it spans the career from War to HTDAAB.

Who cares what the track listing is. Another shitty compilation that screws the true fans. 10 years ago saying this about U2 would never have been believed. But since 2000 its now more than expected!

25% of the previously released tracks are from ATYCLB, including the opener. ATYCLB is out of the top 1000 in music CD sales on amazon.com interestingly.

1. Beautiful Day [BEST OF 90-2000]
2. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
3. Pride (in The Name Of Love)
4. With Or Without You
5. Vertigo
6. New Year’s Day
7. Mysterious Ways [BEST OF 90-2000]
8. Stuck In A Moment You Can’t Get Out Of [BEST OF 90-2000]
9. Where The Streets Have No Name
10. Sweetest Thing
11. Sunday Bloody Sunday
12. One [BEST OF 90-2000]
13. Desire
14. Walk On
15. Elevation
16. Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
17. The Saints Are Coming
18. Window In The Skies

As we can see, we will have only 4(!!) tracks repeated from the 1990-2000 DVD, that means 14 videos on DVD which we don't currently have!

Boy: 0
October: 0
War: 2
TUF: 1
TJT: 3
R&H: 1
AB: 2
Zooropa: 0
Pop: 0
BO80-90: 1
ATYCLB: 4(!!)
HTDAAB: 2

80s: 7 Tracks
90s: 3 Tracks
00s: 8 Tracks

I am now wondering to myself what videos for Stuck, Walk On, One & SYCMIOYO will be used on the DVD.
Any good call on what bonuses the DVD will have?

My money is on some of the following:

I Will Follow
All I Want is You
Even Better Than The Real Thing
Stay
City of Blinding Lights

I also find it faintly amusing that a "throwaway" from BO8090 ( Sweetest Thing ) is now considered well known enough to be on a further compilation. Have any other artists had this happen, or do we have a U2 first on our hands?

rjhbonovox said:
Another shitty compilation that screws the true fans.

Do you read your own posts? This makes NO sense.

Why would "true fan" need a compilation? Why is this so hard for some to wrap their minds around?

thelaj said:
I also find it faintly amusing that a "throwaway" from BO8090 ( Sweetest Thing ) is now considered well known enough to be on a further compilation. Have any other artists had this happen, or do we have a U2 first on our hands?

I am sure that when Bon Jovi release another greatest hits, they well most definitely include "Always" on it. It may have come from the album "Crossroad - The Best Of Bon Jovi" but it is still one of their biggest hits.

Sweetest thing has been a very successful song and is very well known so of course it has a right to be on this compilation.

Back
Top Bottom