Now Mercy is going to be on the new album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Visiongfx said:
I think bono needs to lay off the africa preaching to everyone and get straight to the music. Forget saving the world for a tour and get into the music like they were in the 80's and 90's. And plus him having a 'character' (like ZooTv & Pop) to play would make it even better.

But maybe that might be just mee...

Bono's always tried to save the world, he's just a little more effective about it now.

And no characters. It worked once, leave it at that...

^ Why not a character now?
U2 (and Bono) were for the first time criticised because of their posture in the last 80s, which led Bono creating the characters.
Today, whether we like U2's music or not, Bono is being more criticised than ever. His actions are constantly misinterpreted, people bash him all the time... I think that a character that would mock 2000's Bono would be a great way of erasing that negative image of the present Bono.

Criticised more than ever? Doubt it. The band still knows how to make fun of themselves enough so that they would never have the late 80's image.

A character would just be repeating themselves, and not in a good way. I think they are pretty comfortable with themselves right now, they feel no need to mock themselves.

Visiongfx said:
I think bono needs to lay off the africa preaching to everyone and get straight to the music. Forget saving the world for a tour and get into the music like they were in the 80's and 90's. And plus him having a 'character' (like ZooTv & Pop) to play would make it even better.

But maybe that might be just mee...

okay, so uh, what does this have to do with the discussion of mercy?

it'd be interesting to hear a good rip of mercy considering the version we have suffers from a low quality rip.

Change some lyrics, like:

"Love is justice, not charity
Love brings with it a clarity"

it's too forced. And does anyone know if there are any "kneels" in this song?

phommel said:
Change some lyrics, like:

"Love is justice, not charity
Love brings with it a clarity"

it's too forced. And does anyone know if there are any "kneels" in this song?

I quite like those lyrics. I actually love all the mercy lyrics but i fear the song will be snipped to 3 mins and be totally different and more MTV friendly.

If Mercy ever appears on the new album, it's gonna be completely re-worked and changed to such a degree you'll hardly recognize it;)

david said:
it'd be interesting to hear a good rip of mercy considering the version we have suffers from a low quality rip.

just a heads up, but it's leaked as lossless over on u2start, finally! All the hissing has gone and it generally sounds a lot cleaner, although still "unproduced"...

Sorry, but Mercy just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not sure why everyone puts it on some 'musical pedestal'.

The melody is weak, and the lyrics are kind of corny to be quite honest. I'm a U2 fanatic and all, but lets be real here......the song is indeed different from the typical U2 song, but IMO it is sub-par at best.

ps333 said:
Sorry, but Mercy just doesn't do it for me.

I'm not sure why everyone puts it on some 'musical pedestal'.

The melody is weak, and the lyrics are kind of corny to be quite honest. I'm a U2 fanatic and all, but lets be real here......the song is indeed different from the typical U2 song, but IMO it is sub-par at best.

your first post ps333 haha, Hey! :)

well I personally wouldn't call the melody weak, I think the melody is one of the highlights of this song, the chorus especially...some lyrics are corny, but the entire song, don't forget, is unfinished, bottom line...damn I feel like I've posted something like this before....:lol:

mercy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom