Not a classic, but close!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BonoDude

Babyface
As a U2 fan, I have always given the bands the benefit of the doubt when they release a new album. I try not to freak if I don't love the album right away. This album grew on me right away. I have already listened to it alot of times and feel that it has some really great songs. Is this a classic U2 album on the level of Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby? No. But it is very good. It isn't groundbreaking but it is a very confident sounding set of songs. No Line On the Horizon had great moments but I have found that other than October it is the U2 album that I listen to the least. It was a meandering album, hard to really get into. I liked just about every song on this album right away. So far Every Breaking Wave, Iris, Raised By Wolves,Sleep Like A Baby Tonight are songs that I can say are my favorites. Bono's voice sounds as strong and passionate as ever!!!! The songs do have a pre Unforgettable Fire feel, especially, Raised By Wolves, I think that song could fit in War. I love that U2 has embraced their past sound, everybody has expected that they completely reinvent themselves a la Achtung Baby on every album, this album, this album I think proves that U2 is comfortable with who they are a a band. I don't think that they have anything to prove, and it has become cool in some circles to make fun of U2, with this album, they prove that they still have great albums in them!

Back
Top Bottom