No more promotion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tallarico

War Child
After 5 nights on Letterman and the mini set concert for ABC'S Good Morning America (and 3 special for a radio network) u2 will not make more promotion in Usa for the new album before the tour?Anybody know something about this?thanx!

Nope!! No more promotion! They are recording Magnificent in Fez, then time for a break until June.

^ They did Conan during the Vertigo tour.

In fact I feel they have done a lot of promotion by doing all these performances, first in Europe then in the US.

I'm sure we'll see more during the tour, but right now they should be busy with tour preparations.

I would have bet money on them doing SNL for this album. Very surprised that they didn't. It's the biggest thing you can do in terms of televised late-night music performances in the U.S.

But, according to my research, there will be 4 to 5 more new episodes of SNL this season...none of which have a musical guest attached to them. The season typically ends the second or third week of May. I don't think it's entirely out of the question for U2 to be the final musical act of the season on SNL. Stay tuned...

:hug:

Even though many might oppose, maybe they will be on Idol......seems to always do something to impact the Itunes chart whenever someone plays that show.

after five nights on letterman there was no reason to do saturday night live.

I would have bet money on them doing SNL for this album. Very surprised that they didn't. It's the biggest thing you can do in terms of televised late-night music performances in the U.S.

But, according to my research, there will be 4 to 5 more new episodes of SNL this season...none of which have a musical guest attached to them. The season typically ends the second or third week of May. I don't think it's entirely out of the question for U2 to be the final musical act of the season on SNL. Stay tuned...

:hug:

Fall season seems more likely since that's when they'll be touring the U.S.....

The promotion for this album sucks compared to the last one.

Ok, they had the Ipod commercial, but they have done tons of promotion in the US & UK since the album came out. BBC galore, a week of Letterman, GMA, Radio, RS & Spin covers, Fordam & Boston gigs...a lot. Still, it wouldn't surprise me if they do Conan's first week (not the whole week, just 1 night) when he takes over the Tonight Show...I just have a hunch. I think that is in June.

I am sure there will be more but maybe the tour will be all the promotion they need? If it's good, then the media will be covering the opening nights and buzz will catch-on after that?
I could also see gig on SNL, Conan, and possibly even (gasp) Idol.....if Elvis can do it, U2 can ;)

Back
Top Bottom