No Line On The Horizon: uptempo rocker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone help me out here, I can't for the life of me figure out how to play this recording, it's very frustrating....:mad:

If I have to listen to this U2 record cringing every 30 seconds at cheesey "I will teach the world love" lyrics or whatever...It's gonna be very depressing....I hope Lanois and Eno didn't let this one slip away :pray:

:tsk:

If I have to listen to this U2 record cringing every 30 seconds at cheesey "I will teach the world love" lyrics or whatever...It's gonna be very depressing....I hope Lanois and Eno didn't let this one slip away :pray:

:tsk:

I dunno. I think it's pretty groovy.

Ok, I found it, and someone who listened to it posted a blog about it.

28 May 2008, 12:56

U2 fans probably have heard of the song No Line On The Horizon. A first [bad] version leaked in February 2008, if I remember rightly. I've given it a few listens but never payed much attentation to it. The new recording is way better and I must admit - the song is really addictive. Ok, first you get shirty by all the bloody car sounds but after a few listenings you could hear something what sounds like a song. A good one, indeed!
It's actually a pop tune, doesn't sound very rock or "loud" but it's groovy and addicting. I've just given it a few listens and I will love it to hear the song in full.

And It's No Line on the Horizon for sure! You could hear some of the lyrics ...

So Far...

No Line On the Horizon,
No line between the earth and sky

I'm All Alone
Hold me close´
Hold me, kiss me, squeeze me, kiss me, squeeze meAlone

I'll teach the world Love

No Line On the Horizon...

Oh my. I really can't wait for the new album and new songs and all that stuff.
Owt will be appreciated ...
Wait, wtf. They're referring to the clip my friend recorded in May with the car sounds, but here's the problem: That wasn't No Line on the Horizon. It was an entirely different song (I've been referring to it as Surface of your Love, based on the lyrics I could distinguish)

I dunno. I think it's pretty groovy.

I'm curious, can you name some other U2 songs that you consider "groovy" ?

I want brilliant art....and I still haven't figured out how to play a damn song on this stupid last.fm bullshit site.....I even signed up, and I can't do shit....

Sorry, I'm having a bad night...and these supposed lyrics on NLOTH have not made it any better....

I'm curious, can you name some other U2 songs that you consider "groovy" ?

I want brilliant art....and I still haven't figured out how to play a damn song on this stupid last.fm bullshit site.....I even signed up, and I can't do shit....

Sorry, I'm having a bad night...and these supposed lyrics on NLOTH have not made it any better....

Chill, Rob. The song being referred to in that article isn't even NLOTH; it's "Surface Of Your Love" (I think? The car noises are from the Surface clip), which may or may not even be on the album. Plus, I have no idea how this person even made out any lyrics from that clip.

And the groovy remark was a joke, calling back to the person in the article claiming the song is "groovy".

Actually, disregard my previous post. Based on the date they said the clip came out (February), it's probably something Irishteen uploaded, which means it's NLOTH.

However, I don't remember the clip well enough to know offhand if any of the lyrics were distinguishable. They likely weren't.

Chill, Rob. The song being referred to in that article isn't even NLOTH; it's "Surface Of Your Love" (I think?), which may or may not even be on the album. Plus, I have no idea how this person even made out any lyrics from that clip.

And the groovy remark was a joke, calling back to the person in the article claiming the song is "groovy".

aight, cool....I remember hearing that song...yeahh...

I think with this album, I'm pretty sure Bono is going to sound spectacular, but I just want great lyrics as well...it is so so painful to listen to a U2 song and cringe at a lyric every 30 seconds...it just destroys a song...There's no way this album can be considered great if the lyrics are cringe worthy and cheesey bullshit....I hope Bono re visited some JT/AB work leading up to this album...We've waited long enough, please U2.....please :pray:

Actually, disregard my previous post. Based on the date they said the clip came out (February), it's probably something Irishteen uploaded, which means it's NLOTH.

However, I don't remember the clip well enough to know if any of the lyrics were distinguishable. They likely weren't.

hmmmm....ok :)

Now, on to the Last.FM issue. It is my guess that the comments given on the NLOTH placeholder page are people referring to the HQ clip from February, not some momentary leak.

However, I don't remember the clip well enough to know if any of the lyrics were distinguishable. They likely weren't.
But in the article, they refer to "the new clip" with the "car noises" and it's dated May 28th.... the day after my clip was posted. Sounds fishy to me.

Lyrics I've been able to distinguish in Surface of Your Love:

Could not forget our *indistinguishable*
And I'm... aliiiiiiiive
Ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiise
And I am going to the surface of your love
up up up
up up up

Hold my hand
*indistinguishable*
Oh and say I'm ready
Just close your eyes
I can't stay away
And I'm aliiiiiiive
Ariiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiise
I am going to the surface of your love
up up up
up up up

*solo*

I'm pretty sure NLOTH will be a rock song if you refer to that interview ages ago when Bono said "Its pretty full on" so i'm guessing that means rock.:wink:

Also, based on a fresh listen of the NLOTH clip from February, I can barely distinguish anything from it. Less actually than from the SOYL clip.

But. NLOTH IS the same song at 4:00 in this clip from Here Is What Is:

YouTube - U2 work for the new album in Fez by U2Place.com

I just listened to the clip and indeed, it is barely audible, the only thing more or less clear is a guitar solo towards the end. But I don't see how based on that someone can hear the line 'no line of the horizon', or any lyrics.

I also don't see from that how you can tell that it is the same song with the big chorus in that Lanois clip. Any part of the 'NLOTH' clip in particular? Maybe I am just not hearing right!

However, I am pretty sure that the song at 4:00 in the Lanois clip is the same song as the one in that clip, at 0:50. Very similar chord structure, tempo, feel to it. Like if it was the beginning of the song and the chorus in the Lanois clip is the end. Can't say whether or not this is NLOTH though.

http://media.u2.com/flash/highlights/edgeback.swf

I also don't see from that how you can tell that it is the same song with the big chorus in that Lanois clip. Any part of the 'NLOTH' clip in particular? Maybe I am just not hearing right![/url]
It's tough to hear, but there are several spots in the NLOTH clip where you can hear the same "oOOOoooooh!"s as in the Lanois clip. From 0:18-0:20 seconds, and again at 1:09-1:10 (I think?) and from 1:20 you can hear "No line on the horiiiizon." and again at 1:30. You have to listen hard, but it's there.

ok, so how do you get that lastfm thing to play? and is it a new clip that we haven't heard already? i'm so confused....

ok, so how do you get that lastfm thing to play? and is it a new clip that we haven't heard already? i'm so confused....
This thread is quite confusing, but I think the LastFM page is just a placeholder page, with no actual clip playable on the site. I'm pretty sure there's not a new clip that we haven't heard before.

Honestly...it doesn't sound that different than HTDAAB or ATYCLB at all. Reminds me of WITS if anything.

I have heard the song. At Hanover Quay. In Adam's car. With Paul McGuiness. Plus, two other tracks. One was a weird ballady bit. :down:

No Line On The Horizon was great and so was a laidback string tinged number called Bright Star or something. I'll post a full report soon.

So excited. :hyper: :love:

I have heard the song. At Hanover Quay. In Adam's car. With Paul McGuiness. Plus, two other tracks. One was a weird ballady bit. :down:

No Line On The Horizon was great and so was a laidback string tinged number called Bright Star or something. I'll post a full report soon.

So excited. :hyper: :love:

North Star?

Also, based on a fresh listen of the NLOTH clip from February, I can barely distinguish anything from it. Less actually than from the SOYL clip.

But. NLOTH IS the same song at 4:00 in this clip from Here Is What Is:

YouTube - U2 work for the new album in Fez by U2Place.com

I'm diggin' the song around 2:30 the most. I can picture Bono shouting "No...Line....On The Horizon" over it too. But like most people here think, it's probably the song around 4 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom