No Line On The Horizon - Guitar Solo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ludvic

The Fly
I've been listening to the leak over the last week or so and I have to say that IMO that the guitar solo from 2:35 onwards is simply stunning. :ohmy:

Is this the greatest work that Edge has done over the last decade or so? To me it certainly is.

Opinions?

I haven't had the time to dig through IrishTeen's thread aside from the first two files in the first post.

Is there more material I'm missing? If not, the files I have are just guitar noodling, and nothing very impressive.

ludvic said:
I've been listening to the leak over the last week or so and I have to say that IMO that the guitar solo from 2:35 onwards is simply stunning. :ohmy:

Is this the greatest work that Edge has done over the last decade or so? To me it certainly is.

Opinions?

i absolutely love the parts of the solo that you can actually make out, but honestly I can't make out enough to go THAT far yet...but it sure sounds promising! :hyper:

but HOOOOLY SHIIIT....listen to that vocal....i mean, that's just all out belting, i have a feeling this track will be unreal

In the clip it's really hard to discern parts of the song but I can hear the guitar solo at the end of the clip, and it sounds good.

pacemaker said:
I haven't had the time to dig through IrishTeen's thread aside from the first two files in the first post.

Is there more material I'm missing? If not, the files I have are just guitar noodling, and nothing very impressive.
The same here. I heard that clip from the first post and it sounds like anyone picking up a guitar fooling around with it.... while drunk as hell. I dodn't liked it. Is there anything else in there cause people juat can't be going nuts for that thing there cause that's not original or interesting, at least not for me...

Yes, there's a third file that actually is more a song, with vocals, etc.

Typical overhype when a new song surfaces...

Haha, I get the sense that half of us have the third clip and half of us don't. Of course the first couple clips are just scales... we aren't THAT much like sheep :madspit: That's what happens when you read the first and last page of a thread :wink:

I'm having trouble discerning a lot of the third clip, but what I do hear sounds quite exciting. The quality does get slightly better near the end and the solo, but I'll wait for the next clip before I pass any judgment.

DaveC said:
Anybody got the link? No way I'm digging through 30 pages of fanboy gushing for a beach clip.

I had it but deleted it. Nothing special, it's hard to even hear what the hell they're playing or singing.

Zootlesque said:

I had it but deleted it. Nothing special, it's hard to even hear what the hell they're playing or singing.

Agreed. But I do like the guitar solo.

Zootlesque said:

if you don't have the 3rd clip then you need to get it, it is something special, considering the fact that we are almost 100% sure this is in fact NLOTH and it's the first clip to surface in a long time of this great song...also many parts are discernable, such as some of the melody in that ending solo, and Bono's powerful singing....

Rob33 said:

if you don't have the 3rd clip then you need to get it, it is something special, considering the fact that we are almost 100% sure this is in fact NLOTH and it's the first clip to surface in a long time of this great song...also many parts are discernable, such as some of the melody in that ending solo, and Bono's powerful singing....

Trust me. I listened to all 3 clips. :wink:

Rob33 said:

take it easy bro, we've all gone through this before

Zootlesque said:

Trust me. I listened to all 3 clips. :wink:

Yea, they make the beach clips seem like CD sound quality. I appreciate all the effort gone in to getting them but I wouldn't be freaking out that much over this.

It's cool that we're getting closer to new U2 material though.

Rob33 said:

What he means is that this is like the Beach Clips of 2004 all over again. We've been through it before. While the tracks are interesting, you can't read too much into them. They're nothing to get hysterical over.

GibsonGirl said:

What he means is that this is like the Beach Clips of 2004 all over again. We've been through it before. While the tracks are interesting, you can't read too much into them. They're nothing to get hysterical over.

maybe the mood of my original post was misinterpreted...I am by no means "hysterical" over it...but I am very, very intrigued by the clip...and considering the album is due for release in about 8 months, and even talk about the next tour has surfaced, I'd say the sound in these clips is a little more indicative of the band's direction than the beach clips in 2006 were for example....I just think that anyone who hasn't heard the 3rd clip and is interested in the new album and direction would like to hear it, even if you can't make out that much...that's all

i think this clip should officially be called "The Third Clip" from this point forward :)

luna_lovegood said:
All I hear is scales ... What am I missing?

theres i think one/two clips with just scales
NLOTH all i really hear is some incoherent vocals [but bono seems realllly into it] and a really sweet solo

Thanks Visionfgx.

Maybe its just me, but all I hear is a lot of white noise and possibly Bono at the end of wind tunnel yelling his brains out. The guitar solo is the first time I can actually discern any distinct sounds ... and I dunno if its really anything special. But having said that, Its still pretty god damn exciting to hear them recording!!

GibsonGirl said:

. :dance:

Back
Top Bottom