No Line in the Horizon on sale at my local starbucks USA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'll eat my little black and white striped hat if that was planned.

Starbucks grand marketing scheme does not involve releasing a CD early in one store in the hopes that 100 die-hard fans will flock to every Starbucks in their cities in the hopes of finding it because someone said "I found one at Starbucks!" on a fan site.

Starbucks fools, I'll pick it up from Newbury Comics on tuesday.

Newbury Comics is my favorite store! But I'm in NYC now, so out of luck. But it says you are a new yorker too, so may I ask how you plan to get the CD from there?

I'll eat my little black and white striped hat if that was planned.

Starbucks grand marketing scheme does not involve releasing a CD early in one store in the hopes that 100 die-hard fans will flock to every Starbucks in their cities in the hopes of finding it because someone said "I found one at Starbucks!" on a fan site.
Too true :lol:

Yeah same here. I think the Product Red tie in here is nice though. I may pick up a copy at Starbucks on Tuesday now. I was going to get a basic version anyways to throw in my car.

Newbury Comics is my favorite store! But I'm in NYC now, so out of luck. But it says you are a new yorker too, so may I ask how you plan to get the CD from there?

:heart: Newbury Comics. But where does it say I'm from New York? I'm from Boston.

Oh, I see what you mean, that's just the rank assigned to me based on posts, they're all based on U2 song titles, I don't have a location listed, maybe I'll fix that.

The people working at the local store just let you buy them before the release date?

Sheesh. Back in the days when I was working at a record shop, you could get fired for that kind of thing.

Shit yeah!!...my older brother who turned me on to U2 would go and buy any new U2 album from a small mom and pop record shop in the NYC area....they always had it in the Friday before the release date(like someone else said they would get the UPS delivery that day and open up the box right there and then,he did that for Achtung Baby right up until ATYCLB.....I think that record shop still exists today...I'll be in NYC on Monday to visit my folks so I may just walk on over there if I get the chance

I work at a Starbucks, the shipping box it came in had a letter in big bold print 'do not put out for sale till March 3' and then some disclaimer about consequences if we do. I held a copy of the cd as I was just a wee bit excited:D but had to put it back.

I work at a Starbucks, the shipping box it came in had a letter in big bold print 'do not put out for sale till March 3' and then some disclaimer about consequences if we do. I held a copy of the cd as I was just a wee bit excited:D but had to put it back.

Well obviously one of the persons in a Starbucks in Boston wasn't paying attention :D

Hey, we're one of the most literate places in the country... that said Starbucks employees are not necessarily in that demographic.

Whether it was intentional or not (knowing some of the baristas and managers I've met I leaning towards the latter), Bostonians with access to that store should feel lucky:) my manager out here in Omaha is really on top of rules/regs regarding start dates for product.

Hail, fellow partner! :hi5:

I'm scrapping my plans to buy it at midnight (since I was just going to buy it and then go right to bed) and just rolling out of bed Tuesday morning and buying it at the crack of dawn .... since Starbucks will be open!

Plus hey - discount. :shifty:

Hail, fellow partner! :hi5:

I'm scrapping my plans to buy it at midnight (since I was just going to buy it and then go right to bed) and just rolling out of bed Tuesday morning and buying it at the crack of dawn .... since Starbucks will be open!

Plus hey - discount. :shifty:

I meet fellow baristas in the most random places:D 30% off $12.95.. should be able to more than cover that with my tips, which are done on Mondays at my store

I survived the layoffs, thank goodness, and while my department is getting completely turned upside-down, I'm excited to be doing some new(ish) work in my role. It's all good!

Thanks to those of you who posted that you tracked down a copy at the local Starbucks - it inspired me to take a walk through town and pop my head into a few Starbucks. I am one of those who have been holding out on listening to the album until I actually had a CD in hand - the walk just increased my anticipation - (it's a gorgeous balmy night here) - no luck at Starbucks, but I did find two copies sitting there at a secondhand CD store - woohoo! It will be so much more fun for me to be able to listen to this unexpectedly on a weekend night - (because I would not have been able to wait past Tuesday morning)!

nlothstarbucks.jpg

:drool:

I survived the layoffs, thank goodness, and while my department is getting completely turned upside-down, I'm excited to be doing some new(ish) work in my role. It's all good!

That's good to hear! 7 stores were closed here in Nebraska- 5 (they were mostly in bad spots traffic-wise, or neighborhoods with a lot of coffee shops already) in Omaha, and 2 in other cities.. evidently all the baristas were guaranteed spots at other stores, but very few followed through.. we had hours for about four baristas at my store, but only one decided to do it.

Regarding NLOTH- we got 4 copies at our store- 3 were sold during the week.. well.. one to me, one to another barista who's a big fan.. and evidently one to customer.. I tried to talk someone into getting the last copy- customer was looking at it, but alas they didn't. Ah well.

Back
Top Bottom