NLOTH will leak?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
All speculation but here's how I see it playing out. . .

- Single out Jan 6 (Why not, it's the First Tuesday in 2009 - the year of U2).
- 1st video for the single releases the following week (1/11-1/17)
- 2nd (alternate) video for first single releases (1/25-1/31)
- Official track lists with 10-30 sec previews drop on U2.com on February 10th
- Album gets streamed in its entirety on U2.com on February 24th (an OFFICIAL leak for thread watchers keeping score)
- Album releases following week (dates vary based on Geo loc)

pretty sound, but dont q have that ad on their front page claiming that the latests single video will be aired at 1pm on the 3rd?

if it leaks, i don't think it will be over a week before the Feb 27 release. it seems like the big releases are really kept tight. i remember Coldplay didn't leak until about a week before the release.

pretty sound, but dont q have that ad on their front page claiming that the latests single video will be aired at 1pm on the 3rd?

thats what I thought it said.

I just don't think we'll get much of a leak. It seems like the boys have learned their lesson and have kept stuff really tight lipped and secure.

I have to say this though....if something does leak, it'll be really tough NOT to listen to it. But I don't care, because I will buy the album anyway just like I have for everyone of their albums so its not like I'd be stealing from them. I know its a hotly debated topic, but I just don't think its "stealing" if you then go out and buy it anyway. I call it "previewing" :wink:

Isnt it being released in Ireland, Germany and somewhere else at the end of Feb? We could have it the first week of Feb then, no?

i know that here in the netherlands we get a feb 27 release that's on a friday.
it's common that new albums are released on a friday instead of a monday the next week, so it looks that we will be able to listen to the album 4 day's before most others can (if it doesn't leak, and just as ps333 says I will buy the album anyway just like I have for everyone of their albums so its not like I'd be stealing from them )
anyway i just cant wait to hear something soon !!

just a reminder that we'll probably hear "Winter" in about a month since it's going to me in a movie coming out Jan. 27th.

Listening to leak´s really spoils the excitment of putting the disc in for the first time!

I'm thinking about doing that. I'm not against the leaks because U2 usually gets big album sales of 7 - 10 million units but it will be a huge temptation if it leaks a long time before the release. If it leaks a couple of weeks before I can wait. If it leaks one month before I'll probably break down and listen.

Considering that I've heard the beach clips and the songs descriptions seem to bear out that there have been many changes since then I will still get a charge out of putting it in the CD tray for the first time with a lyric booklet.

I hope I'm "master of my domain". :D

its so tempting to listen to any leaks. however, there is something special about putting a cd in and experiencing it for the first time. i remember doing this for joshua tree and achtung baby. unfortunately the internet tempts us too much these days. its not 1987 anymore.

^ :yes: I'm going to try my hardest to wait till i have the cd in my hot little hands too . . . provided australia gets the release on the 3rd like the rest of the world . . . have got my pocket money saved already :applaud: . . . so if there are any leaks and you see me wandering around with my fingers firmly wadged in my ears you'll know why :D

Listening to the first full leak is exactly the same as placing in the disc for me. Music is music.

Same. The CD drive on my laptop is busted anyway so I pretty much have to put it on my iPod :lol:

I'll still buy the CD though, just to have it. I'll probably buy a special edition, just not the ultra special deluxe hexadecimal edition :wink:

I don't have a CD player, I just have a laptop. So I don't really care.

I still remember that joyous day four years ago, first song I heard was Miracle Drug, I had tears in my eyes, U2 was back at the top of their game. At least that's what I thought at the time :D

But of course, I'll buy the CD. Anything else just feels wrong.

When I HTDAAB came out, I still was beginning to be a fan, so I didn't get to experience the whole "2 months to go" feel. Now that NLOTH is U2's first big (studio album) release as my favorite band by 1 billion miles I wonder if I will be able to wait in case a leak happens. :hmm:

But as I said, I doubt it will happen....(talking about the album, not the single)

i don't doubt that it'll leak. seemingly everything leaks. i hope it does leak. i'm going to buy it anyway, and likely the super-est bestest most glorious version they offer, so i want to hear it asap. i don't care if that means Feb 27 when Germany and Ireland etc. get it, or Feb 15th, or whatever. Earlier the better.

I'm guessing theres a 50/50 chance of a leak, maybe just some of the tracks or all.

I'd still get it on CD.

If it leaks a couple of weeks before I can wait. If it leaks one month before I'll probably break down and listen.

I hope I'm "master of my domain". :D

You're not.. so you will listen, no matter when it leaks.

Listening to the first full leak is exactly the same as placing in the disc for me. Music is music.

That's it. :up:

Maybe I am, but 3 days!

How is it not possible to wait 3 days, if one's been able to wait 4.5 years.

Because it's there. :hyper:
You know you can't resist it either and if you can you're not a real fan. :tongue:

Which I know is bogus, because you are. :rockon:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom