NLOTH (Song) Appreciation Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
love both versions but on balance _ after many listens_ the album version fits better and wbe a better live opener to the `let me in the sound' tou:lol:r Mike

I am watching the build up to the CIS cup final between Celtic and Rangers,they just showed an interview with the rangers goalkeeper. And during a montage of him playing,the background music was NLOTH. Was pretty cool actualy,hope it gets used again!

NLOTH the opener of the album appreciation thread

:up: for listening to Brian Eno on this. Perfectly sets the tone for the album, best opening song since Zooropa. Hoping it will open the setlist live, as well.

i will agree with this. being someone that loves making alternate tracklists, i know NLOTH is a great opener because i have a real hard time putting it anywhere else on the album.

I played this for my friend who thinks u2 is "ok sometimes". Usually i lead the convo "this is pretty good right"...."yeah its ok"....but with this song he just said "this songs really cool".

Ok so after hearing this song and live in concert twice this has definitely broken into my top 5 u2 songs, SOA has its work cut out for it.

my friend likes U2 pretty much but for some reason he hates this song and for me its prob in my top 5 on the album (we usually have similar taste) - it really annoys me as the song is siiiiiick

apparently he complains that the edge is just playing like 2 or 3 chords the whole song (my friend is a guitarist) and he is like - i only like interesting guitar parts NLOTH is so boring

he doesnt understand the edge's purpose in this song - the guitar part is used only to create background noise/distortion setting the mood and vibe of the song but he still cant appreciate it

hey I love the song and it gets a lot of love from U2 fans and non U2 fans - if u go to youtube it is pretty much the only u2 song I know of with minimal U2 sucks posts - people really like the song

From my non-crazy U2 fans, they liked this song the best off the album. In fact, a few of them said it's the only song on the album they feel worth listening to.

My favorite song off the album from the very first time I listen to it. :drool: :rockon: Which, if you think about it, kind of sucks because that means the album just goes downhill for me after the first song, as all the rest of the songs are inferior to NO! No line on the horizon.

:love: :love: :love: :heart:

probably the best live song off NLOTH. though I do think all the songs translated well to a concert, no line really took off.

probably the best live song off NLOTH. though I do think all the songs translated well to a concert, no line really took off.

No Line got the entire house shaking in Houston even though no one had ever heard the song before.

1 year on I still think they should have had NLOTH 2 as the first single, I love both versions, way ahead of Boots.

:up:

Not too late to release it, in my opinion. I so love this track.
Considering they need to release a 4th single, why not end with the beginning. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom