NLOTH Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Pac_Mule

Refugee
haha ik ik, what seems like another pointless thread. :wink: But I saw not a lot of people were discussing the actual mix of the album.

Quite frankly, I thought the mix was terrible. :wink: Seriously though, these are some really great songs. But unfortunatly, Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois kinda ruined it. :down: The album should sound a little more raw. If they want atmosphere on the album, Edge should turn the shimmer back on his guitar :angry: Here's my opinion of the mix of some of the songs:

No Line On The Horizon - One of my favorites, however I have to say the mix really takes away from the song. I saw this in another thread. This is how it should sound.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oKw...e-youtube-195027.html&feature=player_embedded

Magnificent - The mix isn't as bad, but there are some things in it that REALLY bug me. Such as the little bit in the guitar riff from :56 to :58, or rather, the thing that is playing over the guitar. Anyone else notice this? Or am I just really picky? :wink: The live version sounds so much better..

Cedars Of Lebanon - I like Bono's singing and the sound, but the rest is too annoyingly quiet. You cannot hear Edge through most of it.
YouTube - Edge, Danny and Adam jamming - Cedars Of Lebanon demo

Why doesn't it sound like this? :sad:

Come on U2, Im sick of not being able to enjoy studio versions of songs anymore :|

"The album should sound a little more raw. If they want atmosphere on the album, Edge should turn the shimmer back on his guitar"

That's not mixing, that's saying you don't like how the songs were recorded...

Back
Top Bottom