NLOTH Midnight Release Thread - Info on various cities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Upper East Side...Carl Schurz Park...man with the big black overcoat will be standing next to the boat house near 91st Street...deluxe box sets for $45, however items cannot be returned once purchased. But seriously...I'd say Tower Records but I think they went out. You might try Virgin Megastores in Union Square or Times Square. Might also try to various Barnes and Noble stores around town. Haven't heard of anything specific, though.

I was thinking of the Union Square Virgin since the Times Square one is in the process of closing now, but I didn't see anything about it on their site.

What happened to all the good midnight releases?

Both Virgin branches (Union Square and Times Square) are closing within the next few months. It's quite sad, really.

Anyhow, I think my brother and I are going to go to Times Square for midnight. I recall there were decent crowds there for the ATYCLB and HTDAAB releases, but I doubt it'll be a mob scene tomorrow night.

Dallas midnight sale?

anyone know of anyplace in the metroplex selling the album at midnight? tower records is closed and bill's is not doing it. i haven't checked with CD world yet.

anyone know of any place?

Damn it! I love Virgin, heard Union Square might close in Feb 2009, but it was still open so figured they decided to close Times instead... I'll miss it. Great to have a store close by to at least see all the pop culture stuff I need even if I rarely buy from there.

But I did buy the last U2 album at Virgin!

Doesn't NYC, or the US for that matter, have an HMV?

Virgin closed in Canada a few years ago but at least we have heaps of HMV shops.

Virgin closed in Canada a few years ago but at least we have heaps of HMV shops.

Instead of a midnight release, our HMV is opening a whole hour earlier at 9am...they have a little homemade sign made up. :lol: I'll be there with my coffee at 9 sharp.

We used to in NYC but they all closed a few years back, I think for the U.S. as a whole too.

The Union Square Virgin is in definite danger of closing when its lease is up (I think later this year or early 2010), but right now it's not closing.

For Seattle area folks, Easy Street in the Queen Anne neighborhood is open until midnight every Monday night, specifically for us crazy buy-at-midnight fans. :)

I was at Virgin in Union Square yesterday asking them if they would have it Monday night. They said they are open until 12:30 and will start selling it at midnight. The guy said he didnt know about the Times Square one. You know how it is, when you ask about U2 at any record store you usually get a roll of the eyes like "Oh God who cares I love Indie rock look" . lol Anyways if anyone does hear about the Virgin in Times Square being open that may be cooler. Thanks

NLOTH Release in Philly?

Does anyone know of stores that'll be open at midnight to release the new album? I've called a few chains (Borders, B&N) but they said they're waiting until tomorrow, normal business hours. I live in the suburbs but it's easy for me to get into town.

Midnight Release in San Diego...where?

Now that we don't have Tower Records anymore :sad: I was wondering if any other store would be open for the midnight release here in San Diego, California, USA.

There's a release party at Waterloo in Austin starting at 11... wish I could go, but I have school early tomorrow next morning, and my parents want me to not ignore the fact that my driver's license doesn't allow me to drive after midnight.

The HMV in the mall where I work (Fairview, if anyone is from Montreal ;) ) is not open at midnight but is opening an hour earlier tomorrow :wink:..so I will be there! :hyper:

Los angeles!!!

LOS ANGELES!!!

March 2nd at 9pm
LINEAR
Director Anton Corbijn's (Control, music video director) new film - images set to music from U2's new album, No Line on the Horizon. In partnership with the U2 pop-up gallery and store we’ll be selling the new album at midnight The first 500 people to arrive and purchase the album at the event will receive a limited edition U2 lithograph. The No Line on the Horizon Experience will be open for viewing starting at 9pm -1am March 2nd and March 3rd from 11am - 10pm.

http://www.amoeba .com/content/amoeba-music-space15twenty-present-monday-movie-nights.html
(REMOVE SPACE)

This is a really eye opening time for me. Virgin is closing and Tower is gone. Gone are the days of camping out to buy an album. God I feel old.

This is a really eye opening time for me. Virgin is closing and Tower is gone. Gone are the days of camping out to buy an album. God I feel old.

It's kind of sad. I'm only 16, so I can't remember the good-ol'-days, but I still love the experience of buying a CD and listening to it, while paging through the album booklet... I for one will continue to support the real-CD industry!

It's kind of sad. I'm only 16, so I can't remember the good-ol'-days, but I still love the experience of buying a CD and listening to it, while paging through the album booklet... I for one will continue to support the real-CD industry!

How ironic is it that your name is 'digitize'. lol.

Hey guys, skip I-Tunes.

It's $3.99 for the digital download of the entire album on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom