NLOTH Has Snuck Up On Me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Popmart Shopper

War Child
Achtung Baby is my favorite U2 album.However recently I have had an affair with NLOTH and now I can honestly say that it is my second favorite album.With Zooropa and POP being tied for third and ATYCLB and HTDAAB being tied for fourth.I like every song on NLOTH just like Achtung Baby.The other albums all have at least one song that I could live without if I had to.Has this album snuck up on anybody else?

Loving the album. I said at first it's their best album since AB; now I think it may be their best behind JT and AB.

I always liked the opening 4 songs, and then the middle trio grew on me (Crazy in particular) and now the last 4 songs are growers.

Loving the album. I said at first it's their best album since AB; now I think it may be their best behind JT and AB.

I always liked the opening 4 songs, and then the middle trio grew on me (Crazy in particular) and now the last 4 songs are growers.

It's rising up the ranks with me too. I loved the first two songs immediately and Boots believe it or not. Then MOS, Breathe and Cedars and FEZ became my next loves, and now White As Snow and IGCIIDGCT are up there too. I didn't think i'd like IGCIIDGCT but has really become a favourite of mine.

I'm still struggling to love SUC and Unknown Caller, I'm slowly getting into UC but I still cringe at the chanting voices, but I think it will grow on me.

I initially knew that it was better than HTDAAB and ATYCLB, then on further listens I ranked it higher than October , Rattle and Hum and possibly War. Now I think it's as good as, if not better than Pop. WHo knows how highly I'll rate it next week :love:

Achtung Baby is my favorite U2 album.However recently I have had an affair with NLOTH and now I can honestly say that it is my second favorite album.With Zooropa and POP being tied for third and ATYCLB and HTDAAB being tied for fourth.I like every song on NLOTH just like Achtung Baby.The other albums all have at least one song that I could live without if I had to.Has this album snuck up on anybody else?

Same.

i would agree with this. Crazy is probably the song that has grown on me the most. the only song i still have a hard time accepting is Stand Up Comedy.

I agree with all this. I never thought I would like Crazy Tonight or Stand Up Comedy, but the fact is that even these are growing on me and I'm listening more to them.

When the album came out, I told the skepticals (friends, users in other forums) that this album would be a grower, even if they hate dit at first: that's I see it's happening among that people and with me.

I have to say, the album as a whole has fizzled out a bit for me. But Crazy tonight really grew on me, it sticks out there as really good pop music, it's gonna be a great sing along. But I'm finding myself skipping a lot of the album. I'll have to wait and see if it grows on me. I'm pretty sure that when we hear the first couple of bootlegs from europe my perception might change.

in my opinion the only thing holding the album back is suc (the song is pretty forgetable - lyrics arent great music isnt great singing isnt that great = song is not great = if they had another song on the album in its place that was pretty solid = i would consider the album on par with actung and joshua

so its my 3rd favorite and their 3rd best i think (damn that suc)

Agreed. The whole album has an overarching theme of cloudedness, gray, melancholic attitude and boots pops up as this flamboyant little song with a vibrant video.

Yeah been up there on my favorite list too for a month now...NLOTH just speaks to me, in a way even HTDAAB didn't do..it is and I think forever will be one of my top 5 U2 albums
along with Achtung Baby, Pop, ATYCLB,Zooropa...NLOTH is in there somewhere just can't decide where...:):wink:

I am amazed at how much NLOTH has grown on me. I just "sort of" liked it on first listen. About a week later, I liked it a lot. A week later - I loved it. Now? Can't really describe it in one word. I think this will end up being up there with Achtung and Zooropa for me (my top 2). But time will tell.

One thing's for sure: it DESTROYS that 2004 P.O.S. release - whatever it was called. ;)

Whereas HTDAAB is an immediate kind of album, NLOTH is a grower, and the growers always have more longevity and are looked upon more fondly in the grand scheme of things.

See: Huey Lewis (immediate) vs. Elvis Costello (grower).

Whereas HTDAAB is an immediate kind of album, NLOTH is a grower, and the growers always have more longevity and are looked upon more fondly in the grand scheme of things.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour.
In '87, Huey released Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.

MichaelDeets.jpg
DO YOU SEE?

:up:

I adore diving in to an album that doesn't grab you by the throat and demands to be heard but gently taps you on the shoulder and seduces you by uncovering itself a little at a time . . .gorgeous album :heart:

Back
Top Bottom