Nloth has 16 million plays on myspace

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Someone earlier in the thread posted the breakdown and Boots was far higher than the other tracks. And the reason is likely because the other tracks don't show up outside of the US if his numbers were right.

Here's the latest numbers...

NLOTH 31,000
Magnificent 25,000
Moment OS 19,000
Unknown Caller 15,000
Crazy Tonight 14,000
Stand Up C 10,500
Fez 10,500
White As Snow 10,000
Breathe 10,000
Cedars 8,000

That all adds up to about 155,000 plays for the non-Boots tracks. The rest of the 150,000 or so plays from their page today is split between Boots and every other song in their catalog -- and they have like EVERY song available for streaming on the myspace page. So there is no way to tell exactly how many plays Boots has gotten today unless someone was keeping track and saw what it was at yesterday...

And these numbers mean that about 31,000 people got on today to listen to parts of the album and only 8,000 or so listened to it ALL THE WAY through. Some might have been getting on just to tease themselves with the first couple tracks...

NLOTH 31,000
Magnificent 25,000
Moment OS 19,000
Unknown Caller 15,000
Crazy Tonight 14,000
Stand Up C 10,500
Fez 10,500
White As Snow 10,000
Breathe 10,000
Cedars 8,000

Anyone else find interesting how the number of people gets smaller with every track further down the album. Maybe some people are not liking this. :shrug:

Anyone else find interesting how the number of people gets smaller with every track further down the album. Maybe some people are not liking this. :shrug:

We just don't know. I could think of an explanation that goes the other way. What if some people just wanted to listen to a couple tracks to decide if it's good enough to buy. Perhaps they listened to the first three and made up their mind that it is good, they will buy it and listen to the rest later :shrug:

We just don't know. I could think of an explanation that goes the other way. What if some people just wanted to listen to a couple tracks to decide if it's good enough to buy. Perhaps they listened to the first three and made up their mind that it is good, they will buy it and listen to the rest later :shrug:

Could be. But it really looks weird that every track, in the order that they are on the album, has more listens than the previous.

Here's the latest numbers...

NLOTH 31,000
Magnificent 25,000
Moment OS 19,000
Unknown Caller 15,000
Crazy Tonight 14,000
Stand Up C 10,500
Fez 10,500
White As Snow 10,000
Breathe 10,000
Cedars 8,000

So, about 1/5 of all listeners give up after the title track.

By Moment of Surrender, 1/3 have jumped ship entirely.

By Unknown Caller, 1/2 the initial audience is gone.

Then Crazy Tonight/Boots do a bit more damage.

It really does look like the album is going to be a tough sell, but then again, it doesn't really have any catchy hits, so...

It really does look like the album is going to be a tough sell, but then again, it doesn't really have any catchy hits, so...

I personally am ok with this. I'd rather have this as a critically acclaimed album and not nearly as popular as All that they should have left behind and how to dismantle a horrible album.

I had trouble figuring it out also, so I figured might as well post some directions to make it easier for others

You go to U2 on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads
The music player starts out playing the Get On Your Boots single
Look to the left of the music player and you'll see the GOYB single cover, and just above that is the NLOTH album cover.
Click on the NLOTH album cover.
The NLOTH tracks will appear.
Listen.

I wouldn't look too much into the dwindling plays for each track. When an album streams on myspace, this is ALWAYS how it plays out. Most people checking out the album are more casual fans, not hardcores....they're just "curious" to hear a sample (maybe deciding to purchase or not), and they're just not looking to sit through a 55 minute album while sitting at their computer.

Unfortunately, myspace streams mp3s in like 16 kbps quality, and the stream itself is incredibly unstable. It froze and switched from Magnificent to Moment Of Surrender for no reason whatsoever.

NLOTH on myspace

wasn't this suppose to be playing on myspace?

been checking it for a week and it's still not on U2's official myspace page..

Cheers

This is how many plays each one has.

No Line On The Horizon - 22,910
Magnificent (my default song on my myspace :wink: ) - 19,123
MOS-14,983
UC-12,338
Crazy-11,371
Boots-345,840
SUC-8,897
FEZ-8,678
WAS-8,207
Breathe-8,192
COL-6,913

Haha Boots is way up there! :hmm:

Good to see No Line coming in second. I can't wait to listen to this baby at max volume :drool: Its my favorite song from the album at the moment :cute:

i just wanna say that myspace is the biggest piece of fucking absolute shit!, I still can't play any of the songs off of the album and it is only giving me the 30 second clip of boots

it is obvious that it relates to the region your in! what a pile of absolute shit it !

i just wanna say that myspace is the biggest piece of fucking absolute shit!, I still can't play any of the songs off of the album and it is only giving me the 30 second clip of boots

it is obvious that it relates to the region your in! what a pile of absolute shit it !

why dont you just go and buy the album, its been out for 4 days now :wave:

Back
Top Bottom