NLOTH 2 Day Pop Up Installation in LA!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, so that was awesome!!! They gave out lithographs, T-shirts, drinks, took black and white photos of us in front of a giant N-loth album cover and played the movie over and over for 3 hours!!
album.php

If you think the sound going out halfway through the film and them taking 20 minutes to fix it is awesome, you've got pretty low standards. Also, the tower thing they were projecting on was practically transparent and you couldn't even see the image that well. So a bit of a waste of time, I wish I had seen this for the first time at home where it would actually look good.

But hey, free poster and sticker. What was lame is that the special lithograph given to people who bought the album was the SAME IMAGE as the free poster, thankfully I already ordered mine online and didn't need to pay Amoeba's overpriced rates.

If you think the sound going out halfway through the film and them taking 20 minutes to fix it is awesome, you've got pretty low standards. Also, the tower thing they were projecting on was practically transparent and you couldn't even see the image that well. So a bit of a waste of time, I wish I had seen this for the first time at home where it would actually look good.

But hey, free poster and sticker. What was lame is that the special lithograph given to people who bought the album was the SAME IMAGE as the free poster, thankfully I already ordered mine online and didn't need to pay Amoeba's overpriced rates.

I actually really liked the effect of projecting on that thing. Very transparent! Yes, very imperfect, but kinda cool!

Must have missed the sound going out. Was that early on, maybe while I was still in line? I watched for hours and there weren't any issues then...

Yeah, it was the first time they played through the whole film. But I know they were going to repeat it so everyone would get to see all of it.

It actually looked a lot better inside on the wall, as far as the image was concerned.

Yeah, it was the first time they played through the whole film. But I know they were going to repeat it so everyone would get to see all of it.

It actually looked a lot better inside on the wall, as far as the image was concerned.

Yeah, it did.. but I liked the scaffolding effect! LOL!

The sound was good though, right?

Anyway, I had a lot of fun singing and dancing and getting free stuff! The only real downer for me is that my parking ended up costing me $10... :(

Apparently they only had 5 deluxe copies to sell!!? I just picked up the vanilla one though. The fancy one is in the mail....

I got the t-shirt instead of the lithograph.
The inside of the gallery was very well done, the pictures of the band in Morocco were amazing. Ethan ended up taking some pictures, he will probably post them later. The crew there was very nice and friendly....however, there was this girl taking pictures just dancing by herself...I think she was high or something.
It was nice to see Icelle and Ethan there. Nice to meet ZooPerson as well.

They also took pictures of with the NLOTH background, that was fun.
All in all a nice simple evening.

man, it was awesome!
I took a ton of pics and i'll post em later on (probably tonight)... but the event is still happening all day today. Don't know if they will still be silkscreening T Shirts or playing the film, but the art installation is open all day, and its really cool.

They also had this awesome setup where you could "corbijn-ize" yourself, and my wife and i got a couple pics where we look all gritty. it was a whole lot of fun and i drank far too many free Izze sodas.

They sold out of the super deluxe edition before I even got up to the front to prepurchase my copy (luckily I snagged that baby on amazon for 64). But got two copies of the regular edition. The lithograph is really sweet! Someone mentioned it is the same as the poster? But its on dense paperboard and not folded so i say it kicks ass.

The silk screen T Shirt station was probably the coolest part. "What color would you like"

Man, I left in a U2 daze. :drool::drool::drool:

lol
I forgot about those Izze drinks.:up:

I got the red color for the shirt, which one did you get?
IMG_2179.jpg

and yes, they will be there tonight as well.

i got red also, but they sorta messed up the logo when they silkscreened it, i guess it wasn't spread flat enough when they pressed because the bottom leg of the "2" has a little white fang wedge sticking through it where the red missed the fabric.

but it actually looks pretty cool and adds to the "made in front of you" effect.

Ok, hopefully my inherent technological ineptitude will not prevail and this will work. I put up my pics from last night into a Photbucket album, link below. Enjoy! :wave: (Jase (Night and Day) and Icelle - I'm so sorry I didn't get pics w/ you. I don't know how I managed to screw that up, but I wish I had pics of you. :sad: Sorry! :hug: :hug: )

IMG_0611.jpg

Fitz's NLOTH gallery photos

I got the t-shirt instead of the lithograph.
The inside of the gallery was very well done, the pictures of the band in Morocco were amazing. Ethan ended up taking some pictures, he will probably post them later. The crew there was very nice and friendly....however, there was this girl taking pictures just dancing by herself...I think she was high or something.
It was nice to see Icelle and Ethan there. Nice to meet ZooPerson as well.

They also took pictures of with the NLOTH background, that was fun.
All in all a nice simple evening.

Bahahaha, yeah that crazy hippie girl was dancing right next to you. haha sorry about that man. It was nice to meet you, too. I forgot the name of the guy that was with you. what was his name? It was nice to meet him as well.

I'll post pix later, too. What a cool event that was. Plus we made it home ontime to see Letterman :D

Also Ingrid, I met Ingrid and forgot her user name too. I'm bad with names... So Ingrid if you happen upon this thread; It was great to meet you! I think our interview came out great, I hope I can find it somewhere.

Ok, hopefully my inherent technological ineptitude will not prevail and this will work. I put up my pics from last night into a Photbucket album, link below. Enjoy! :wave: (Jase (Night and Day) and Icelle - I'm so sorry I didn't get pics w/ you. I don't know how I managed to screw that up, but I wish I had pics of you. :sad: Sorry! :hug: :hug: )

IMG_0611.jpg

Fitz's NLOTH gallery photos

:applaud: Nice photos!

Great talking to you too C. Sounded like you were having a great night! :D

Back
Top Bottom