Next single ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes already know Crazy Tonight is single 2 and Magnificent is single 3

Crazy Tonight would be suicide if released as the 2nd single. Its worse than Boots IMO. I reckon Magnificent as single 2, MOS as single 3 and Unknown Caller as single 4.

they could do an edit, what an awesome tune,
and hey if queen and meatloaf can do it why cant U2

the difference is that in songs by those 2 a lot of brilliant different stuff went on. MOS is a very good song but it will not go down in the hystorie of rock 'n roll as a classic.

I really love the record by the way:up:

want :drool::
2nd single - Magnificent :heart:
3rd single - Stand Up Comedy :rockon:
4th single - White As Snow :heart:

will be:
2nd single - Magnificent :heart:
3rd single - Crazy Tonight :|
4th single - ??????????? :up: (whatever it is it's a good song)

It has to be "Crazy".....most of these songs don't really possess any major hooks. That's not a bad thing at all...anyway, Crazy's in the vein of the ATYCLB singles and therefore would be pretty successful over in Europe if there's a good video/promotion. I don't really see anything from this album becoming a big success in the US though. "Boots" ran into the top 40 thanks to downloads and then disappeared....and that was the only track with hit potential on this album if you ask me.

They should do what they did with ATYCLB and HTDAAB....it's the same thing Nelly Furtado did with her last album as well.......you release two singles at once in different regions (or in Furtado's case, like four at once) and then gauge the results. For example, you film a video for both "Crazy" and "Magnificent"....release one single in the United States and one in Europe. If "Crazy" bombs in the United States, then you make "Crazy" the fourth or fifth single in Europe rather than third single and vice versa. Makes more sense.

Although I think they got it horribly wrong the first time around by releasing "Walk On" so late in the United States. But since American rock radio only wants RAWK songs, it was an inspired decision to release "All Because Of You" as the second single in the US.

It should probably be "Magnificent" in the US since it's rockier/edgier...while "Crazy" is catchy enough to be played on pop stations in Europe. In the US though, the band needs to go for what works on rock stations/Triple A formats because the pop stations won't give them a chance.

They should do what they did with ATYCLB and HTDAAB....it's the same thing Nelly Furtado did with her last album as well.......you release two singles at once in different regions (or in Furtado's case, like four at once) and then gauge the results. For example, you film a video for both "Crazy" and "Magnificent"....release one single in the United States and one in Europe. If "Crazy" bombs in the United States, then you make "Crazy" the fourth or fifth single in Europe rather than third single and vice versa. Makes more sense.

Although I think they got it horribly wrong the first time around by releasing "Walk On" so late in the United States. But since American rock radio only wants RAWK songs, it was an inspired decision to release "All Because Of You" as the second single in the US.

It should probably be "Magnificent" in the US since it's rockier/edgier...while "Crazy" is catchy enough to be played on pop stations in Europe. In the US though, the band needs to go for what works on rock stations/Triple A formats because the pop stations won't give them a chance.

Didn't they do something like that with All Because of You in the US and something else everywhere else?

I vote Magnificent. Crazy Tonight has potential to be a good single, but Magnificent is ... well, how can i put this ... magnificent :up:

Didn't they do something like that with All Because of You in the US and something else everywhere else?

It was more that they snuck out ABOY in the United States. Both the US/world had "Stuck" and "City" at the same time....then "ABOY" came out in early Fall in Europe with a brand new single mix.

Magnificent is a stone cold classic--this was evident even from the beach clip. I hope this song takes over the world. Plus it's a good old trick from Bono in terms of lyrics--could be talking about God, a woman, or both.

Crazy Tonight would be suicide if released as the 2nd single. Its worse than Boots IMO. I reckon Magnificent as single 2, MOS as single 3 and Unknown Caller as single 4.

Totally, totally correct and you are spot on.

Please email Paul McGuiness and plead with him not to kill U2's career by releasing Crazy next up.

Like Pop, as I have said twice on this forum now, the choice of singles will kill what is a great album.

Magnificent next - no other option. Then Unknown Caller or Moment of Surrender. Even Stand Up Comedy is a candidate. Breathe is fantastic but will probably be reserves as a killer album track.

PLEASE U2, PLEASE DO NOT RELEASE CRAZY TONIGHT AS NEXT SINGLE.

Back
Top Bottom