Next session in Spain ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
http://www.u2place.com/newsdett.asp?idN=3172 says u2place.com, and hopefully some native Italian Interferencers can check my translation:

According to u2valencia.com, U2 will go to the south of Spain in the first week of 2008 to work on the new album. According to a source close to the band, the place of this session might be the city Andalusia. This session comes after sessions in Fez from last June, Dublin session in September and November of last year and Eze, France. Let us remind you: U2 recorded the video for Vertigo in June of 2004 in Spain (delta of the river Ebro).

Last edited:
I really think SOMETHING will come out in the Spring (of '09... juuuust kidding).

Spring '08 seems like a good primer for Fall '08, yea? Release an EP or digital single or something. Maybe do some club gigs intermixed with recording for the full length through the Spring. Take off much of the summer, start touring again in mid to late August, and drop the full length in the Fall.

A boy can dream (out loud), can't he?

I think the article's gone off U2place.com (I can't see it anyway), but here's the original text from U2 valencia.com

El sur de Espańa es el lugar escogido por U2 para finalizar la grabación del nuevo disco que verá la luz a finales de 2008.

Según hemos podido confirmar con personal cercano al grupo, U2 tiene programada su llegada a Espańa para la próxima semana, después del Fin de Ańo. El destino más probable será una ciudad andaluza, de la que no nos han podido dar mas detalles.

Espańa será el último trayecto del nuevo disco después de las sesiones de grabación en Fez (Marruecos), Dublín (Irlanda) y Niza (Francia).

U2 ya estuvo en 2004 en Espańa buscando un lugar para rodar y tomar imágenes para el "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". Finalmente optaron por grabar el videoclip de "Vertigo" en el Delta del Ebro.

Finalizar el nuevo disco ? :hmm:

Really??

Dec 28th in Spain is like April's fool. Just wait for the confirmation that it's not true.

Spanish site U2 Miracle is informing that an special Achtung Baby remastered version (available in 3 formats) will be out in March 08. buahhhhhhhhhhhh

U2girl said:
I think the article's gone off U2place.com (I can't see it anyway), but here's the original text from U2 valencia.com

El sur de Espańa es el lugar escogido por U2 para finalizar la grabación del nuevo disco que verá la luz a finales de 2008.

Según hemos podido confirmar con personal cercano al grupo, U2 tiene programada su llegada a Espańa para la próxima semana, después del Fin de Ańo. El destino más probable será una ciudad andaluza, de la que no nos han podido dar mas detalles.

Espańa será el último trayecto del nuevo disco después de las sesiones de grabación en Fez (Marruecos), Dublín (Irlanda) y Niza (Francia).

U2 ya estuvo en 2004 en Espańa buscando un lugar para rodar y tomar imágenes para el "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". Finalmente optaron por grabar el videoclip de "Vertigo" en el Delta del Ebro.

Finalizar el nuevo disco ? :hmm:

This roughly translates to...

The south of Spain is the place U2 has chosen to finish their new disc, likely to be released in 2008. According to information we have received from band personnel, U2 will likely make the trip next week. The most likely place they will stay in is the Andalusian area. Spain will be the last passage of the new disc after the recording sessions in Fez (Morocco), Dublín (Ireland) and Nice (France). In 2004, U2 were in Spain to look for places to take photo shoots for "How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". Finally, they chose to record the music video for "Vertigo" in the Delta of the Ebro. To finalize the new disc? (Not sure where this fits in...:hmm: )

That last "Finalizar el nuevo disc" bit with the :hmm: smiley was added by me :wink:

U2girl said:
That last "Finalizar el nuevo disc" bit with the :hmm: smiley was added by me :wink:

:lol: That explains it.

AND THIS BETTER NOT BE A PRANK OR I SHALL BE ROYALLY PISSED. :mad: :mad: :mad:

LemonMelon said:

AND THIS BETTER NOT BE A PRANK OR I SHALL BE ROYALLY PISSED. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I thought my Spanish was good enough to be above suspicion of a prank. Damn. You caught me.

Re: Re: Really??

U2girl said:

It's already been confirmed as just a joke. So, no confirmed news on where the next recording sessions will be.

Regards

popbcn

hey guys

the news comes from u2valencia.com
it is a joke of the spanish friends ;)

the news is not true ;)

They're actually coming to record at my house, people. I'm going to lock Bono in the laundry until he promises to stop using 'kneel' and 'soul' in his lyrics.

Axver said:
They're actually coming to record at my house, people. I'm going to lock Bono in the laundry until he promises to stop using 'kneel' and 'soul' in his lyrics.

Add ''love'' to that,and i will be happy!:wink:

super fly guy said:
Add ''love'' to that,and i will be happy!:wink:

I'm going to challenge him to write an entire album of lyrics without using the letter 'L'. That rules out 'kneel', 'soul', and 'love'. Clearly it's a winning idea!

Then he'll just use knees, sou', and wuv. This would be worse. :|

:wink:

How about an album with no planned lyrics. Spontaneous Bono.

the tourist said:
Then he'll just use knees, sou', and wuv. This would be worse. :|

:wink:

How about an album with no planned lyrics. Spontaneous Bono.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hahahahahah that was one of the funniest things anyone has ever said ever....

wuv puts the the boo back in my eye <3

SleepyDeadMan said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hahahahahah that was one of the funniest things anyone has ever said ever....

wuv puts the the boo back in my eye <3

*takes a bow*

Axver said:

I'm going to challenge him to write an entire album of lyrics without using the letter 'L'. That rules out 'kneel', 'soul', and 'love'. Clearly it's a winning idea!

Luckily, that gets rid of "feel", too. Unfortunately, "heart" has no "L" in it, so we'll wind up getting 50 more of those to make up for the loss of the other words.

"I'm on my heart, and I heart the heart in your heaaaaaaart!"

Back
Top Bottom