Next Album Rumours Thread V - Your Song Ruined My Life - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-04-2021, 12:33 PM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 41,406
Local Time: 08:06 PM
__________________

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 05:47 PM   #142
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
Registered Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: NWT
Posts: 4,643
Local Time: 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna Run 2 U View Post
Can we confirm what the confirmed acoustic project is exactly?
revisitng old songs.. new keys sigs/arrangements

I'm guessing they're trying to redefine their legacy a bit..position themselves as songwriters, as much soundscapers.. get ready for the likes of a a piano centric downtempo Ultraviolet
__________________

Registered Dude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:06 PM   #143
Refugee
 
JamietheEdgefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 1,695
Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
revisitng old songs.. new keys sigs/arrangements

I'm guessing they're trying to redefine their legacy a bit..position themselves as songwriters, as much soundscapers.. get ready for the likes of a a piano centric downtempo Ultraviolet
I wonder if there's a chance that if they get do this Acoustic project, they can get the 'songwriters' thing out of their system, and then the next album could be more classic, soundscapey U2?

(Or maybe this is just the road they're on now, including for any new material)
JamietheEdgefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 12:24 AM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,253
Local Time: 04:06 AM
Sorry, I'm in a shitty mood today, and this is just my pessimistic take. But scrolling through IG today, seeing a video of Bono talking about Sing2 and lions, where he looked like he was waiting for his Jello and 3 o'clock bingo game, and then two different posts with quotes saying that Bono had the idea and lyrics for YSSML for like a year, and The Edge was just giddy about the melody and chords he had for Bono to work with...

Bottom line. We are fucked. I'll be here for it. But we are fucked.
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:27 AM   #145
Babyface
 
Join Date: Oct 2021
Posts: 11
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Am I the only one here who likes YSSML? I guess so...

I'm grateful for whatever they choose to give us at this point. If anyone has earned retirement at 60, it's U2.
mikemiller48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 06:36 AM   #146
Refugee
 
JamietheEdgefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: London
Posts: 1,695
Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Sorry, I'm in a shitty mood today, and this is just my pessimistic take. But scrolling through IG today, seeing a video of Bono talking about Sing2 and lions, where he looked like he was waiting for his Jello and 3 o'clock bingo game, and then two different posts with quotes saying that Bono had the idea and lyrics for YSSML for like a year, and The Edge was just giddy about the melody and chords he had for Bono to work with...

Bottom line. We are fucked. I'll be here for it. But we are fucked.
If it helps, I remember Bono saying they put Songs of Innocence entirely on pause to work on 'Ordinary Love' (and he might have even said that was a reason for delaying the album), so I think they like to over-emphasise the importance of movie soundtrack songs they do, especially as they're trying to 'sell' the song.

I think Bono and Edge's quotes here are in that spirit - they're hardly gonna say "yeah, we threw this together from some scraps that weren't good enough for the last/next album, whatever". I think a lot of this is just marketing.

I suspect the next album will sound quite different - especially once they get a producer.
JamietheEdgefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 07:57 AM   #147
War Child
 
pacemaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: a city with banks and cathedrals
Posts: 814
Local Time: 11:06 PM
It's just marketing speak. Bono's been rehearsing some form of that line about developing YSSML for a few months now at least. Just like God walking into the room, or the likely-dramatized origin of One and how it saved them from breaking up, except it's also now tied to someone else's product.

I will say that Bono's enthusiasm is still usually pretty contagious. Call it Stockholm Syndrome, codependency, or what, but at least he's (good at pretending he's) still excited about making music. That inherited enthusiasm will melt away, though, when they go silent in a couple of weeks without capitalizing on the AB30/Sing 2 momentum they've built up as the year ends.
pacemaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #148
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 9,692
Local Time: 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemiller48 View Post
Am I the only one here who likes YSSML? I guess so...

I'm grateful for whatever they choose to give us at this point. If anyone has earned retirement at 60, it's U2.
I like the song also. There is a specific thread for it if you'd like to discuss it further.
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 10:05 AM   #149
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
womanfish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: moons of Zooropa
Posts: 7,253
Local Time: 04:06 AM
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. LOL. Still after all these years I find myself listening to Bono’s hype. .

This time is seemed a bit more specific than something like Punk rock on Venus or whatever. obviously he had this subject for a while. But i’m guessing it was more thrown together than they would let on.

I don’t dislike YSSML. I just don’t think it should be anywhere near an actual album.
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:33 PM   #150
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 185
Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by womanfish View Post
Thanks for talking me off the ledge. LOL. Still after all these years I find myself listening to Bono’s hype. .

This time is seemed a bit more specific than something like Punk rock on Venus or whatever. obviously he had this subject for a while. But i’m guessing it was more thrown together than they would let on.

I don’t dislike YSSML. I just don’t think it should be anywhere near an actual album.
You were on point when grouchy, don't feel the need to spin it like Edge to Andy Greene!
ferball415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 03:36 PM   #151
The Fly
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 185
Local Time: 04:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Davis Guggenheim should make a doc about the lead-up to this shoot.
ferball415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 04:27 PM   #152
Blue Crack Addict
 
LuckyNumber7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 18,553
Local Time: 12:06 AM
That picture just makes me wonder if Edge wears the beanie to bed.
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #153
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 41,406
Local Time: 08:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferball415 View Post
Davis Guggenheim should make a doc about the lead-up to this shoot.
From The Sigh Down aka It Might Get Lame
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #154
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,412
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemiller48 View Post
Am I the only one here who likes YSSML? I guess so...

I'm grateful for whatever they choose to give us at this point. If anyone has earned retirement at 60, it's U2.
it's fine. i like it. it's not entering my top 10 anytime soon, and i'll probably forget about it by January - but it's a harmless, semi-catchy pop song attached to an animated movie.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 09:43 AM   #155
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,412
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
revisitng old songs.. new keys sigs/arrangements

I'm guessing they're trying to redefine their legacy a bit..position themselves as songwriters, as much soundscapers.. get ready for the likes of a a piano centric downtempo Ultraviolet
i'm envisioning something in line with the acoustic takes they showed on From The Sky Down

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:20 AM   #156
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,412
Local Time: 11:06 PM
https://twitter.com/i/events/1461611241852444677


woahhhhh ohhh woooahhhhh oh walkkkk onnnnn... waaaaalk on... stay safe toniiiiiiiiiight
Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 11:36 AM   #157
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 27,126
Local Time: 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
https://twitter.com/i/events/1461611241852444677


woahhhhh ohhh woooahhhhh oh walkkkk onnnnn... waaaaalk on... stay safe toniiiiiiiiiight
I'll never forget my own Interference meltdown when the band introduced her mask during the 360 Tour.

The only time I've been and Anti-Masker.
mikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 12:08 PM   #158
New Yorker
 
DeVaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: New York
Posts: 2,547
Local Time: 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I'll never forget my own Interference meltdown when the band introduced her mask during the 360 Tour.



The only time I've been and Anti-Masker.


I still have one.
DeVaul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #159
ONE
love, blood, life
 
david's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: southern california
Posts: 10,681
Local Time: 09:06 PM
https://www.nme.com/news/music/nadin...&utm_campaign=
david is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:53 PM   #160
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: DC
Posts: 68,412
Local Time: 11:06 PM
the U2 lads should likely stop calling things girly.

i also have no idea what a spenk is.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com
×