Next Album Rumours Thread V - Your Song Ruined My Life - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2021, 06:24 PM   #81
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
Non rock bands can use guitar, you know.

Tell me, where is the guitar in Everything In Its Right Place, or Kid A, or The National Anthem, or Treefingers, or Idioteque, or Motion Picture Soundtrack? Or Packt Like Sardines? Pyramid Song? Pulk? Like Spinning Plates? Life In A Glass House?

I could go on but can’t be bothered. This conversation is dumb because neither of us will be convinced of anything.
Some of those songs have guitars and almost all of them are pop/rock songs. Very few of them are primarily electronic. Treefingers is all guitar iirc. All effect, no dry signal. I wish they had more ambient tracks.

Radiohead are considered by everyone except you to be a rock band. In the press they're always referred to as a rock band. Maybe there's an alt or art prefix, but the rock is always there. They're never referred to as an electronic act because they're not. Watch a live show - they're obviously a rock band. It's baffling to me that you don't hear what the rest of the world hears.

Speaking of Pakt Like Sardines, when I saw live it rocked real good.

Hollow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #82
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:28 PM
Next Album Rumours Thread V - Your Song Ruined My Life

Edit: nevermind. Don’t really care enough.

the tourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 07:25 PM   #83
Babyface

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Sunglasses are taking on political connotations and that's the sort of detail that doesn't escape the notice of the U2 organization. The Lennon/Gandhi sunglasses may be the only safe choice.
mikemiller48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:37 AM   #84
Blue Crack Addict

Do you mean to tell me that if Bono starts sporting Oakleys we might start to believe he’s a Republican?

Those Lennons do not fit that man’s face. He should’ve either stuck to his Bonoglasses or, as previously mentioned, just gone to aviators. But more importantly than the glasses is the hair. Dude, it’s okay to wear a toupee, it’s okay to get hair transplants, but that hair color is… so brown it’s ginger? Like, why?
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 01:51 AM   #85
Blue Crack Supplier

I mean, he was talking to a Bush.

But these days, not even the Bushes are fanatical enough to be considered Republicans by other Republicans.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:43 AM   #86
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:28 PM
George W. Bush would probably be kicked out of the current Republican party just for signing off on AIDS relief to Africa.

He's still a war criminal, but...yeah.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 06:16 AM   #87
War Child

Local Time: 12:28 AM
So the band is recording some new songs next week according to the interviews. And this without the pressure to put them on an album.... hmmmm.... Time for...... some experimentation then! I feel a new Unforgettable fire/AB/Zooropa/Pop is in the pipeline!
wolbersu2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 07:37 AM   #88
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
I mean, he was talking to a Bush.

But these days, not even the Bushes are fanatical enough to be considered Republicans by other Republicans.

Am MSG show as recent as maybe 2015 featured “senator Ted Cruz in the house!”
LuckyNumber7 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 08:35 AM   #89
Refugee

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolbersu2 View Post
So the band is recording some new songs next week according to the interviews. And this without the pressure to put them on an album.... hmmmm.... Time for...... some experimentation then! I feel a new Unforgettable fire/AB/Zooropa/Pop is in the pipeline!

Until they bash the spark out of it
DeVaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #90
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyNumber7 View Post
Do you mean to tell me that if Bono starts sporting Oakleys we might start to believe he’s a Republican?

Those Lennons do not fit that man’s face. He should’ve either stuck to his Bonoglasses or, as previously mentioned, just gone to aviators. But more importantly than the glasses is the hair. Dude, it’s okay to wear a toupee, it’s okay to get hair transplants, but that hair color is… so brown it’s ginger? Like, why?
He should just look more age appropriate....artist's rendering of the true 61 year old Bono....

Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:26 AM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 11:28 PM
I mean at this stage, literally any other glasses would suit him more and age him less.

Maybe, just maybe, with the whole global pandemic thing... they might release an EP or two spontaneously? They're not going to knock out an album quickly, that just ain't how they work, so maybe part of the issue with the last couple has been that they hold on to songs for so long that they end up second guessing them and reworking them way too much?
ascender_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 10:40 AM   #92
New Yorker

Next Album Rumours Thread V - Your Song Ruined My Life

My father is Bono’s age and he in the past three years has adopted a beard, biker, Harley Davidson image (literally rides a Harley now with new found biker friends). Luckily for us it suits him and my grandfather still rides too so his later midlife crisis image isn’t awfully out of left field. What I’m saying is, Bono is due for a new look even though his family might cringe here and there at potentially what it can be. Maybe something as simple as wearing an Irish cap to give his dyed hair plugs a break, new glasses? Any subtle change can help B man’s image.
Gonna Run 2 U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:29 AM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I think Bono is leaning into being a weird, old eccentric. Probably embraces that he looks decidely uncool.
Registered Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:51 AM   #94
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Registered Dude View Post
I think Bono is leaning into being a weird, old eccentric. Probably embraces that he looks decidely uncool.
I could live with this IF that translated to the next music they would make. I'll take some eccentric and decidedly uncool, who cares what people think music.

But if they still are gonna put American Souls and SFS's on albums, I'm gonna need some black, slicked back or short cropped hair, a nice fitting smaller leather jacket and some new shades.
womanfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 04:56 PM   #95
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:28 PM
I was watching the new Velvet Underground documentary last night, and I wondered if any of the members of U2 had seen it as they're big fans. My hope is that it might inspire them and allow them to remember that making artsier stuff and exploring textures has a purpose that is just as important as crafting catchy tunes.
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 01:18 AM   #96
Refugee

https://www.facebook.com/19058143768...9893302083486/

super fly guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 06:17 AM   #97
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by super fly guy View Post
Sounds like a new original song?

I like both of their cover versions of Christmas songs they've released to-date, so I'm optimistic about this.

And even if you don't like the track, the fact they are just recording and releasing a single like this is promising.
Old 11-26-2021, 07:07 AM   #98
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by super fly guy View Post
I believe this is from 2008 and was never on streaming services.
prbiker15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 07:44 AM   #99
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by prbiker15 View Post
I believe this is from 2008 and was never on streaming services.
Been on spotify for a while,on Christmas song compilations.
super fly guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 08:43 AM   #100
Refugee

That did cross my mind, but the tweet seems to be missing something. Possibly the issue is me wanting to believe someone has shown them how the internet works so they can just release stuff as and when its ready and/or topical.

"U2 are releasing a standalone digital single for "I Believe in Father Christmas" on November 26, 2021. The single features new art created by Bono. "

Maybe....

"U2 are releasing their 2008 version of "I Believe in Father Christmas" to digital platforms on November 26, 2021. The single features new art created by Bono. "