Next Album Rumours Thread V - Your Song Ruined My Life

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Then he'd really be dreaming of the west coast...

QualifiedFaintIriomotecat-max-1mb.gif

My only two asks for the album:

- Edge play more guitar and write one memorable riff

- Bono doesn't try to squeeze 150 words in the verses

Oh great ocean
Oh great seas
Pop producers thrown in oceans
Tossed into the sea

My only two asks for the album:

- Edge play more guitar and write one memorable riff

- Bono doesn't try to squeeze 150 words in the verses

And nothing with American politics please. I share his viewpoint, but it never works well in their (more recent) songs

Bono's "America" speak was so nauseating during the Joshua Tree 2017 Tour that when we left the concert, we were actually making fun of Bono on the walk back to our car. First time I've ever left a U2 show making fun of one of their members.

Bono's "America" speak was so nauseating during the Joshua Tree 2017 Tour that when we left the concert, we were actually making fun of Bono on the walk back to our car. First time I've ever left a U2 show making fun of one of their members.

He keeps trying to have it both ways, but that’s impossible when half the voters are fucking crazy.

“This is not America”? Yeah, it is.
The noose out front shoulda told you.

Sooo, just got this email from U2.com:
Dear Elfa,

Bono's memoir, 'SURRENDER', will be published on 1 November 2022.

The subtitle, '40 Songs, One Story,' is a nod to the book's 40 chapters, each named after a U2 song.

Preorder a hardcover copy and receive a limited-edition 5x7 photo print of U2.

Offer available to Canada based U2.com subscribers only, in partnership with a third party bookseller.

This offer is valid until Sept 24 or while stocks last.

Preorder your copy here.

Best Wishes

The U2.Com Team

(Offer available to Canada based U2.com subscribers only, in partnership with a third party bookseller. Offer valid until Sept 24 or while stocks last. )

:hmm:

this soundcheck has haunted me since the late 90s. Epic sounding. Mercy pales in comparison.
https://youtu.be/qbvgU6xNlcY

I hear this an embryonic version of "Walk On", maybe with a little bit of "Kite" mixed in. Around 2:20 it clearly sounds like "Walk On" to me. I can almost hear the "When your heart it breaks..." (or something like that) being sung over it.

Cheers, Mike

I often thought the same in the years before we heard North Star. It’s possible all three had some beginnings here

Back
Top Bottom