Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FDHiAnDXoAEl0Gj

the lion has better shades than the voice actor

Hopefully he knows how to ride a bike better too.

I am really sick of these “this is why I sing” lyrics, which we’ve seen over and over again.

Enough already.

I agree. It's not enough to disqualify me potentially liking the song, especially since it's a one-off for a movie, but that line of writing lately is getting a bit old.

Based on the clip I heard today, I wonder if this means that there will be no drums or guitar on their next album???!!?!?!

It's probably because it's been 4 years since the last album, and they haven't even entered the studio to start on the next one yet, so maybe I'm just starved for new material, but... I like it! (I mean, as much as I can like a 10 second clip).

It sounds quite heartfelt, and considering they could have made a 'big classic rock' track or done a Coldplay and teamed up with someone like BTS, it's nice that they went for something quite restrained.

I just hope they get some Edge guitar going at some point, so the whole song isn't just the piano and acoustic guitar in the clip...

Yeah...this is U2 finally ripping off Coldplay. The melody, the piano, even the lyric is straight out of Chris Martin writing.

I’ve got a scorching hot take, but I’ll save it til I actually hear the fucking thing.

That said, my goodness does this sound boring…

Finally? Have you heard “Window in the Skies”??

I heard Window in the Skies once. That was enough.

Yeah, so... It's a 10 second clip. The instrumentation is what stood out, and not really in a good way. I'm hoping there is some more interesting stuff going on somewhere in the song.

This is about exactly what I was expecting, to go with a feel good animated kids movie. And why I am still terrified at what the next album brings. My hope for anything daring, intriguing or lyrically evocative is evaporating by the day.

I think that sounds pretty good. The chord progression is lovely and I like that they tried to do something interesting with the rhythm instead of play four chords for four bars each or something.

Promising clip.

Things to be positive about:
- interesting chord progression and melody
- no obvious pop pandering
- different instrumentation for them

Things to be nervous about:
- lyrically this isn’t a departure from the last 20 years
- Bono’s voice on certain notes is becoming quite strained, and it doesn’t bode well they chose this line to promote this song. I think those qualities in his voice alienate younger audiences.

No more or less to say because we have ~4% of the song so far. If you took 10 seconds from a random spot in Little Things it could seem quite boring and terrible. Have no comments on quality or whether I like it until I hear it.

Given the second guessing and polish of the last 20 years, I’m quite surprised this sounds so rough. I can only assume it makes sense as a full song?

Back
Top Bottom