Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regarding the guitar solo* I just think that specific one is pretty pedestrian, and feels like a place holder anyway. The thing I like least about Edge's playing of that era is how he clumsily became a bluesier guitarist. Though they should in theory compliment each other, I find modern U2 at its worst when the pop rock and the pentatonic riffs collide.

*I'm referencing the beach clip one, I don't think there's another version but if there is maybe I'm missing something

FDHiAnDXoAEl0Gj

the lion has better shades than the voice actor

and judging from the clip, it’s going to stay that way

and... i'm fine with that.

it sounds very adult contemporary - and, ya know, that's fine. honestly the biggest fear with this song would be that they'd try to lame it up with a how do ya do, fellow kids kind of song, but it appears that they may have gone in the opposite direction.

It's probably because it's been 4 years since the last album, and they haven't even entered the studio to start on the next one yet, so maybe I'm just starved for new material, but... I like it! (I mean, as much as I can like a 10 second clip).

It sounds quite heartfelt, and considering they could have made a 'big classic rock' track or done a Coldplay and teamed up with someone like BTS, it's nice that they went for something quite restrained.

I just hope they get some Edge guitar going at some point, so the whole song isn't just the piano and acoustic guitar in the clip...

Normally I think I’d be annoyed that they are fighting to stay relevant by having this clip on TikTok but after all it is a children’s movie they’re promoting

Clip sounds nice, and points towards end credits and/or heartfelt montage vibes. Maybe the arrangement will surprise us, but it also seems tailored to the EBW live format for any awards show/promo appearances.

Back
Top Bottom