Next Album Rumours Thread IV - 2 Sing 2 Furious

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agree with those saying the clip sounds like this will ultimately sound like a Bono solo track. Everyone mentions guitar but for me it’s also the lack of punch in Larry’s drums. He’s a huge reason why I became a fan of this band. Surely not a technically gifted drummer by any means but his drumming was a huge part.

May have missed it.
I think the BBC2 show just ended. 3pm Eastern is 8pm there. I think the show may have been 5 to 8...

3f459b9e453447e0bedded09eba42df6.jpeg

Isn’t the film airing soon? Surely it needs to be done for that?

Also - LOL!!! They must have read the comments in this thread

Damn it! This just isn't quite right.

Ring up Teddy Bear and see what he can do with this! He's never failed us before.

Okay so I went back and listened to it and all she says is that it's being refunded, polished and prepared and to tune in tomorrow night for the reveal.

All in all about 10 seconds worth of air time.

I'd say the odds are that there was some contractual hiccup vs. the band actually pulling the track to rerecord something. Yes, I know the band's history there - but yea I think she just said something to get the 5 remaining U2 fans to stop tweeting at her.

the announcement is at 19:00 on this stream. it's really nothing interesting: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m00114wv

"also hi to kira, who is at home hanging out listening to the show, ready to hear the new U2 song on this show tonight - oh no! um, it is currently - there's a change of plan - it is currently being dusted and polished and refined, and the full reveal is on this show tomorrow night. so, hi to all the U2 fans who are listening right now, come back tomorrow night again."

My guess would be that Jo went to U2 all like "yo let me get your new song" and U2 went like "ya okay" and then the NBC Universals went all "nah, bro, we got a marketing campaign around this, we tell you when it can be played" and U2 went like "oh word?" and NBC Universals went all "word" and so U2 went to Jo and said "yo we can't hang today, tomorrow we good tho" and Jo went all "oh word?" and U2 was like "word" and so Jo shrugged it off but then Ciara Evans tweeted at her thirty times asking for the new song so Jo was like "oh, yo, tomorrow" and played the Thong Song.

Not surprised here if it’s them tinkering with the actual song. If anything, any refinements will likely be a good thing from what we’ve heard.

My guess would be that Jo went to U2 all like "yo let me get your new song" and U2 went like "ya okay" and then the NBC Universals went all "nah, bro, we got a marketing campaign around this, we tell you when it can be played" and U2 went like "oh word?" and NBC Universals went all "word" and so U2 went to Jo and said "yo we can't hang today, tomorrow we good tho" and Jo went all "oh word?" and U2 was like "word" and so Jo shrugged it off but then Ciara Evans tweeted at her thirty times asking for the new song so Jo was like "oh, yo, tomorrow" and played the Thong Song.

And when thinking about the latest Bono beach pics, how do you not transition straight into the Thong Song?

Back
Top Bottom