Next Album Rumours Thread III - The Gospel of Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Edge seriously looks 50ish, and in great shape, Bono could take 10 years off by changing his FUCKING GLASSES!!!!

Carry on.

The Devil - "SON, you need to listen to me know. I've given you success beyond your wildest dreams. You have billions of dollars. Your kids don't need to work a day in their lives, yet they are all also successful in their own right. But you've taken too much from the biddy. I need you to give something up and be more age appropriate in one area of your life. I will give you two options - you can stop trying to appeal to the kids with your music and age gracefully... or you can drop the fly shades in favor of granny glasses and be forced to dress like a ninny. The choice is yours, my son."

Bono -
qrisnvm7c6z61.jpg

My favorite ever Eve Hewson IG post was when she asked: “do these earrings make me look like my dad?”

Too lazy to go search for it though.

744367-v

Ok devaul... Play the bluesScreenshot_20210817-052401.jpg

I used to hang out with someone somewhat connected to the U2 world. Less so these days now that we live far apart

Still - we talk online and there's a lot happening. Some conflicting stuff. There's a sense that they're on a fairly extended hiatus from each other and on any formal work on a new album. There is even talk of one of them doing a solo project (whether anything is ever released is another question). I'm guessing it's Edge but don't know for sure. Maybe they were just hearing about Bono's work on the Sing movie.

But then public statements from the band seem to suggest they're quite active and with a few things in the works - including the "acoustic" project. I dont know what's the truth - guess it's something in between.

Bono's been fairly in the weeds working on on autobiography that was supposed to be out this year, but that's looking like it might not happen before 2022 now. There's also another project not related to new/reissued music that I expect is taking a lot of their focus. I feel like a knob saying so little, but any more and it'd be obvious who's talking when they shouldn't.

Anyway, take it all for what it's worth. I dont know how much of this is current or still valid. Some of it may be old news. To me it seems they're super busy with U2-affairs, but not really with making music as U2.

That's all for now. Nice to see this community is still somewhat active. Too bad the forum is still so fragmented with channels/sub channels. Seems like it'd be livelier if things were consolidated.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update, even if it might not be current to what the band is/ is not doing.

The project that isn’t related to new/reissued music that has (had) their focus is… worrying, but also exciting. Hopefully it’s something philanthropic or a museum or they’ve bought a football team, because the world does not need a U2 biopic.

Maybe we’ll finally get some official insightful update closer to the holidays/Sing 2. I hate how inaccessible they’ve gotten over the years.

As a U2 and George R R Martin fan, I am in a constant state of wondering if the next thing will ever be released, and if the respective creators even give a shit anymore.

I used to hang out with someone somewhat connected to the U2 world. Less so these days now that we live far apart

Still - we talk online and there's a lot happening. Some conflicting stuff. There's a sense that they're on a fairly extended hiatus from each other and on any formal work on a new album. There is even talk of one of them doing a solo project (whether anything is ever released is another question). I'm guessing it's Edge but don't know for sure. Maybe they were just hearing about Bono's work on the Sing movie.

But then public statements from the band seem to suggest they're quite active and with a few things in the works - including the "acoustic" project. I dont know what's the truth - guess it's something in between.

Bono's been fairly in the weeds working on on autobiography that was supposed to be out this year, but that's looking like it might not happen before 2022 now. There's also another project not related to new/reissued music that I expect is taking a lot of their focus. I feel like a knob saying so little, but any more and it'd be obvious who's talking when they shouldn't.

Anyway, take it all for what it's worth. I dont know how much of this is current or still valid. Some of it may be old news. To me it seems they're super busy with U2-affairs, but not really with making music as U2.

That's all for now. Nice to see this community is still somewhat active. Too bad the forum is still so fragmented with channels/sub channels. Seems like it'd be livelier if things were consolidated.

'Everything you know is wrong'??????

Museum’s been on the docket for a bit, they’ve had the space figured out for some time. That’d be cool.

Good to hear from you again!

Nice to hear they aren’t so super focussed elsewhere. It also contextualises Adam’s comments about the band being cool with the idea of solo projects. Maybe (assuming it is edge) it’s what he needs to work whatever stasis he’s been in out of his system.

I hope that whenever they do get around to dropping new music it’s with a sense of confidence in who they are and where they’re at. They are capable of late career brilliance if they just….. get out of their own way….

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom