Next Album Rumours Thread III - The Gospel of Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What keeps me excited about U2 is that there are stilk magical moments hidden amongst the vapid attempts to chase hits. It gives me hope that they can break the mold and actually put out a late career masterpiece if/when they're ready to embrace their oldness.

Hard agree. On every single album since (and including) the ATYCLB over-correction, there has been at least one great song that deserves its place alongside the earlier highlights of their catalog.

I was going to ask if there had been any recent band sightings, or bits of info about what they might be up to. U2songs just updated their Crystal Ball section:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_crystal_ball_what_comes_next

Edge being cagey about music.

I keep forgetting that Bono is working on a book, apparently by himself. Next set of Beach Clips will probably be minute-long Real Player files of Bono listening to his own audio book at high volumes.

I Fall Down Stairs
Stuck On A Stairlift You Can’t Get Out Of
Lemon (Party)*
Twilight Years
Grandaddy’s Gonna Crash Your Car
I Still Haven’t Remembered What I’m Looking For
Sometimes You Can’t Make It To The Toilet On Your Own
Last Night On Earth

*Word of warning, don’t google that.

I was going to ask if there had been any recent band sightings, or bits of info about what they might be up to. U2songs just updated their Crystal Ball section:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/the_crystal_ball_what_comes_next

Edge being cagey about music.

I keep forgetting that Bono is working on a book, apparently by himself. Next set of Beach Clips will probably be minute-long Real Player files of Bono listening to his own audio book at high volumes.

I read that earlier and for a minute i thought Edge had been working with Lanois, but that was wishful thinking.

We have been told recently that the band members are in good health, and are happy to have projects to work on through the lock down. In January 2021, The Edge and Daniel Lanois discussed working on new material through the lockdown. The Edge said he’d been working on many things, “I’m working on a lot of new songs at the moment. We have a bunch that are…we haven’t figured out what to do with them yet. The lockdown has been quite a creative period for me.”

Back
Top Bottom