Next Album Rumours Thread III - The Gospel of Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Still not a single bit of news/rumours regarding a new album (or plans for that)/new releases....:hmm:
Has the band planned another sabbatical year?
Did they retire already?
Some new album news is quite welcome in these dull times. Not even some news about the JT movie or Bono's biography....

Still not a single bit of news/rumours regarding a new album (or plans for that)/new releases....:hmm:
Did they retire already?
Some new album news is quite welcome in these dull times. Not even some news about the JT movie or Bono's biography....

No kidding, how about something guys. Perhaps they don’t want to take light off the pandemic, but at the same time life has to go on and would be nice to have something to look forward to as well.

Did they retire already?

The movie might be saved for the 35th anniservery of the Joshua Tree

I still think 2022 will be a big year for them. At least put out a EP or new song?? They can't be too busy with their radio station as it seems Edge is the only one on it.

I believe Spring 2022 is when we will hear some new music from the band. The 2021 holiday season would be a nice and opportune time, but realistically that is not a viable target date for a band that works on new music the way U2 has for the past quarter century.

The spring, summer and fall seasons of 2022 will be fertile grounds for the live music market for the first time since before the pandemic hit. U2 will want to take advantage of this. Knowing them, they're going to want to be one of the first major artists to get back out there and lead the way for concert goers and the music industry. That's just who they are. They're not going to let an opportunity like that to get a lot of positive publicity and buzz pass them by.

Whether this new music comes in the form of a full album or an EP remains to be seen, but they're going to want/need a handful of new songs they can promote and play when they go back on the road. I could be wrong, but I still believe(JT30 aside) the band wants to have something new to promote when they kickoff a tour. Much like SOE, I'm certain there will be a tie in with the purchase of the music and concert tickets - I don't see them jettisoning that idea.

The one thing that could throw a wrench into all of this would be if they made the extremely lazy and disappointing decision to cash in with a ZOOTV30 tour - which, given what they've become, is entirely possible. If that's the way they choose to go, who knows when we'll hear new music. Not until the holiday season 2023 maybe? That would be a full six years since SOE.

If they do go the ZOOTV30 route, there's a chance they'll play maybe a new song or two they've been working on....but that's about it.

Don’t they always take most of December and all of January and February off, even during touring cycles?

With the radio station launch and the ATYCLB reissue promo wrapped up and well out of the way, it wouldn’t surprise me if we start getting the usual “we’re almost finished”/pre-album quips in the next few months. Maybe something significant announced around the holidays to get some residual hype going for the JT30 movie.

Here’s hoping there isn’t a shoehorned, ham handed pandemic song in their future.

Don’t they always take most of December and all of January and February off, even during touring cycles?

With the radio station launch and the ATYCLB reissue promo wrapped up and well out of the way, it wouldn’t surprise me if we start getting the usual “we’re almost finished”/pre-album quips in the next few months. Maybe something significant announced around the holidays to get some residual hype going for the JT30 movie.

Here’s hoping there isn’t a shoehorned, ham handed pandemic song in their future.

I would bet the house on this ham handed pandemic song/album being in their future. It's as inevitable as the tides going in and out. Just my two cents.

Back
Top Bottom