Next Album Rumours Thread III - The Gospel of Adam - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2020, 08:38 PM   #21
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post
. Plus, I guess Bono's had his book to work on. .
But how long does it take to read Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?

Hewson is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:22 AM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post
I wonder if Oceania will all of a sudden have an embarrassment
They have a few embarrassments on this forum already.

lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:57 AM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:35 AM
So I was listening to Tom Cruise screaming at crew members today for breaking COVID protocols on set, and I naturally thought of Bono.

Mostly because of his focus on jobs and the movie industry and how people — carpenters, HMU, coordinators, the hundreds of people involved in making movies who don’t make millions or even close — are looking at this movie shooting in Europe and hoping they can make it happen so that others movies can be shot and more people will have jobs. A U2 tour probably employs more people than anyone else in the music industry. No one goes bigger or more technical or more global. That’s a lot of people who will be working for 2-3 years, and in a gig industry, that’s a big deal. There is a gigantic U2 corporation and its viability rests now on how many concert tickets they can sell.

It probably doesn’t make sense to release an album unless there’s a tour to follow. It’s such a monumental event, releasing an album, or it has been, because at this point in their career a new album would have to have a point. And that point is usually a tour.

Sure, Taylor Swift tours big, but her albums are bulletproof these days so she has room to do what the fuck she wants. She won’t be as bulletproof when she’s 60. Probably.
Irvine511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:15 PM   #24
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 10:35 AM
Next year is the 30th for Acthung Baby, so I think they can do a stream concert of sorts. Perform AB and other rarites. It'll get some buzz and let everyone know were still here (hopefully Adam shaves by then). If Bono releases his book and maybe they'll release the JT concert/film.

With all that possibly being in the pipeline they'll have sometime to talk/speculate about the new album/songs.

A U2 tour in 2022 will be huge for the touring industry. The demand will be high as people will want to see any show. I just figured this could be U2's swan song for massive stadium shows. Do something bigger than the 360...

We'll see though, hopefull wishing.
zoopop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 01:17 PM   #25
Blue Crack Supplier

It's crazy to me that they didn't release either the Corbijn-shot JT 30 film, or have a commercial release of Experience + Innocence in Berlin this year.

People were mostly sitting at home the last 9 months not being able to see any live music, why not take advantage of this hostage audience wanting to get a little taste of what they're missing?
Old 12-16-2020, 01:22 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
It's crazy to me that they didn't release either the Corbijn-shot JT 30 film, or have a commercial release of Experience + Innocence in Berlin this year.

People were mostly sitting at home the last 9 months not being able to see any live music, why not take advantage of this hostage audience wanting to get a little taste of what they're missing?
I know. It makes no sense. Maybe they weren't happy with the final product?
Old 12-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #27
Refugee

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Surprised we didn’t atleast get a JT tour release this year or atleast an official EI Tour video bc that’s 2 years now. Hopefully we get the book + atleast one of those next year and perhaps the other tour release early 2022 then new album and massive tour.
zoocarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:20 PM   #28
New Yorker

The JT30 film was set to be released in theatres in the summer but covid fucked that up. It's coming out next year.

The lack of E&I is strange though.
Hollow Island is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 12:44 PM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollow Island View Post
The JT30 film was set to be released in theatres in the summer but covid fucked that up. It's coming out next year.

The lack of E&I is strange though.

Hope so, correction on my earlier post though, we did get EI Berlin DVD through the fan club so hopefully Bono’s book + JT Tour Movie Release/DVD next year.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:21 PM   #30
Refugee

Local Time: 03:35 AM
Speaking of E&I, I went looking for a DVD rip or saved copy of the stream and couldn’t find anything. Looked on all the usual dodgy pirate / torrent sites. Was surprised there was nothing. The 1 hour special that leaked a while back is so damn good, I am desperate to see all of it.
AndrewCowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 03:42 PM   #31
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCowley View Post
Speaking of E&I, I went looking for a DVD rip or saved copy of the stream and couldn’t find anything. Looked on all the usual dodgy pirate / torrent sites. Was surprised there was nothing. The 1 hour special that leaked a while back is so damn good, I am desperate to see all of it.
What one hour special was that?
Old 12-17-2020, 03:59 PM   #32
War Child

Local Time: 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoopop View Post
What one hour special was that?
I assume this meant the 1 hour cut of the E&I Berlin show (just the “Experience” section).

I don't mind helping people find things which aren’t otherwise available but as it can still be had right now - in 4K! - from U2.com, I think that’s probably the best route to watch the whole thing.
tommycharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:29 PM   #33
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:35 PM
I swear the band has the same answers for new music over the last two decades.

Bono with hyperbole.
Edge says the most vague , lost in the music
Adam states they are working, could release something but they really need to finish the songs. By finishing he actually means start them
Larry........
BEAL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 04:33 PM   #34
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewCowley View Post
Same.

I have the DVD but thought there would be an HD rip online somewhere.
ascender_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:51 AM   #35
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
...he mentions that they want to go back and finish a project they started last year. (2019)

“It’s very, very fresh. We’ve cut everything quite quickly. We’re coming to things in a shorthand way. The feedback we get from that is pretty good. We want to be quick, down and dirty with the next one.”

But also:

But he admits that they have not recorded anything this year.

Maybe did not want to put themselves and the studio crew in danger....Corona and all.

Berlin and/or JT dvds next year. Go via HBO or Netflix ...

Then, after the virus is under control, roll out AB30 in 2022.
U2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 05:48 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't remember who here said it was just a whiny minority still complaining about the SOI release, but there's now a meme going around in multiple versions that says "The Covid vaccine will NOT contain a microchip but will have U2's new album".

Just in case you thought it was going away.
Old 12-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #37
Refugee

Quote:
I don't remember who here said it was just a whiny minority still complaining about the SOI release, but there's now a meme going around in multiple versions that says "The Covid vaccine will NOT contain a microchip but will have U2's new album".

That’s hilarious. Like they say even bad publicity is good publicity.
Old 12-21-2020, 02:11 PM   #38
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:35 AM
That shows it isn’t straight up vitriol anymore - people have moved past it and onto jokes. Quite funny ones.
dan_smee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:44 PM   #39
Refugee

Quote:

Think it was me,and I have noticed these memes. The internet NEVER forgets,or forgives.
super fly guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 10:45 AM   #40
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2girl View Post
Maybe did not want to put themselves and the studio crew in danger....Corona and all.
I saw an interesting shot piece from Netflix about Trent Reznor & Atticus Recording the score for Mank which has orchestral & big band pieces - looks like they were shipping out studio-quality mics to musicians, getting their pieces recorded remotely and then piecing it all together.

I suspect U2 will all get together (virtually?) in the New Year armed with ideas, or as Adam says, they'll revisit material which has been sitting on the shelf. There's not going to be any rush to do anything given the traditional album & tour cycle they do and the state of the world at the moment.

ascender_RS is offline   Reply With Quote