Next Album Rumours Thread II - Songs of Ass Scent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a new U2 song about constipation

Tough, you think you've got the stuff
You're telling me and anyone
You're hard enough
You don't have to put up a fight
You don't have to always be right
Let me take some of the punches
For you tonight

Listen to me now
I need to let you know
You don't have to go it alone
And it's you when I look in the mirror
And it's you when I don't pick up the phone
Sometimes you can't make it on your own

Sounds like a lot of people here are nostalgic for 8th grade, rather than U2's next album.

you’ve got to start eating more fiber/now you’re Stuck on a Toilet and You Can’t Shit Into it

:applaud:

oh lord
look at you push
you got something stuck in your colon
and you can't get it out of you

truly a classic from all that can't leave your behind.

:applaud:

oh lord
look at you push
you got something stuck in your colon
and you can't get it out of you

truly a classic from all that can't leave your behind.

It’s like a lump of coal
Pushing through a hole
Hard squeezing out, constipation
by and by, I will try
battle of wills between my thighs
oh why, Evacuation

They should just hang it up at this point. I can live with Love Is Bigger and 13 being their last songs, they’re a nice thematic pair to go out on.

If you think it’s going to get better at this point, you’re delusional.

I've never understood U2 fans who "think the band should hang it up". Sounds more like a non-fan or someone who hates the band.

No, sounds like someone who has realized the band is done doing anything fresh or uncompromised. SOE, as great as its songs were, had so many additional musicians, particularly on guitar, that the writing is on the wall for anyone paying attention.

The songs on SOE were great?

If they're as uninspired in terms of their instrumentation and songwriting as they seem to be, they really should hang it up. No slight on their legacy or value to music, but I don't want to see a band I love dig themselves in deeper.

i think the band should have hung it up after the 360 tour but that doesn't have any effect on how much i love their earlier music.

The songs on SOE were great?

If they're as uninspired in terms of their instrumentation and songwriting as they seem to be, they really should hang it up. No slight on their legacy or value to music, but I don't want to see a band I love dig themselves in deeper.

I think 6 or 7 that are great tunes. I don't always agree with the instrumentation or production, but that's pretty good considering their age.

No, sounds like someone who has realized the band is done doing anything fresh or uncompromised. SOE, as great as its songs were, had so many additional musicians, particularly on guitar, that the writing is on the wall for anyone paying attention.

So what makes you the judge of when an artist needs to give up doing their work because their, "no good at it anymore"? Are you in a band? What songs have you written and recorded?

I think 6 or 7 that are great tunes. I don't always agree with the instrumentation or production, but that's pretty good considering their age.

Since when do you have to be a certain age to write great tunes?

I'd pay good money to see Bono attempt Hawkmoon without some kid holding up cue cards in front of him. This being in reference to a hypothetical homage to Lovetown in Australia this year.

I'm just kidding. I wouldn't pay a cent.

So what makes you the judge of when an artist needs to give up doing their work because their, "no good at it anymore"? Are you in a band? What songs have you written and recorded?

Since when do you have to be a certain age to write great tunes?
What makes him the judge is that he is, ya know, the judge of his own opinions. He's allowed to have them. If they aren't your opinions, that's cool. You don't have to be on board.

Back
Top Bottom