Next Album Rumours Thread II - Songs of Ass Scent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What makes him the judge is that he is, ya know, the judge of his own opinions. He's allowed to have them. If they aren't your opinions, that's cool. You don't have to be on board.

Wow, you sound like I'm not allowed to question those opinions. God forbid someone stick up for U2 on a U2 fan board. But really, I'd question anyone stating another person or persons, should stop doing what they love doing in their life.

Last edited:
Wow, you sound like I'm not allowed to question those opinions. God forbid someone stick up for U2 on a U2 fan board. But really, I'd question anyone stating another person or persons, should stop doing what they love doing in their life.

lol you signed up to this forum like two weeks ago (sure, jan) and you're already acting like some sort of gatekeeping authority on U2 fandom. what on earth gives you the right to "question" other people's personal, subjective opinions about music?

lol you signed up to this forum like two weeks ago (sure, jan) and you're already acting like some sort of gatekeeping authority on U2 fandom. what on earth gives you the right to "question" other people's personal, subjective opinions about music?

The same right that allows people to express such opinions.

Doing what one loves, like creating clone accounts for internet forums one was banned from?

i once saw him scissor-kick angela lansbury!

billbrasky.gif

Guys and gals, I don't think edge4larry is redhill. Wasn't his whole premise, for which he will always be remembered, that JT30 would fail because Larry wasn't on board? That would be considered a negative take. This poster, on the other hand, is a highly delusional and overzealous fan who can see no wrong in U2.

This is a poster usually resides at what's left of @u2 under the name "wons". His rhetoric, arguments and pomposity are exactly the same. He is an insufferable mofo, who rose from the ashes of what's left of that forum. He has played a big part killing off what small number of posters came back to @u2 after they reopened the forum. I mean, it was dead when it reopened, but it's deader than dead now in no small part because of him.

More than a few posters lamented him becoming the most vocal and dominant poster on the forum. And now he has come over here....

He hijacked almost every thread and ran it off track and into the ground with his constant arguing- even after the people he was arguing with gave up and waved their white flags. You know the type: the one who always has to get the last word. From what I remember, redhill wasn't that type. Well, "wons" is. He'd swoop in and attack anyone who said anything even remotely negative or real about U2. If the person went back and forth with him a few times, he would claim he was being attacked, and that the whole thread had yet again become all about him - while remaining willfully oblivious to his own belligerent behavior. Basically the kind of poster who demands you have the utmost respect for his opinion, while showing very little respect and tolerance for others.

Common topics he would constantly argue:
- music sales & figures and what they must obviously mean
- Rattle and Hum would absolutely be the main theme of the upcoming Australian tour because it was obviously more important there than The Joshua Tree - got that prediction wrong
- the quality of sound/music recordings
- that U2 is in no way, shape or form getting old
- that all members of U2 are in tiptop shape and health(obviously overlooking the fact that Bono had a close call not too long ago)
- that U2 will record and tour AT LEAST into their 80's - never mind the fact that literally anything unexpected could happen to one of them
- that everybody is guilty of playing a part in the growing epidemic of ageism
- how ungrateful U2 fans are for not standing 100% of the time at concerts
- against the fact that U2 are, for all intents and purposes, past their prime in terms of recording
- Rattle and Hum was a huge box office hit
- just about anything else you can think of....and more

Anyway, I haven't posted over there in probably three years, so I have never had the misfortune of interacting with him, but I have unfortunately read many threads he's part taken in. Just thought I should warn y'all. One of the things I have always liked about this forum is the posters by and large seem more centered than the extremes one would see over at the other site. This forum seems to mostly be made up of realists who can disagree, but still mostly get along and find some common ground.

Sorry for the rant. Just thought I would give you a heads up, because if you are a realist, edge4larry aka wons will be getting on your case in the near future.

Guys and gals, I don't think edge4larry is redhill. Wasn't his whole premise, for which he will always be remembered, that JT30 would fail because Larry wasn't on board? That would be considered a negative take. This poster, on the other hand, is a highly delusional and overzealous fan who can see no wrong in U2.

This is a poster usually resides at what's left of @u2 under the name "wons". His rhetoric, arguments and pomposity are exactly the same. He is an insufferable mofo, who rose from the ashes of what's left of that forum. He has played a big part killing off what small number of posters came back to @u2 after they reopened the forum. I mean, it was dead when it reopened, but it's deader than dead now in no small part because of him.

More than a few posters lamented him becoming the most vocal and dominant poster on the forum. And now he has come over here....

He hijacked almost every thread and ran it off track and into the ground with his constant arguing- even after the people he was arguing with gave up and waved their white flags. You know the type: the one who always has to get the last word. From what I remember, redhill wasn't that type. Well, "wons" is. He'd swoop in and attack anyone who said anything even remotely negative or real about U2. If the person went back and forth with him a few times, he would claim he was being attacked, and that the whole thread had yet again become all about him - while remaining willfully oblivious to his own belligerent behavior. Basically the kind of poster who demands you have the utmost respect for his opinion, while showing very little respect and tolerance for others.

Common topics he would constantly argue:

- music sales & figures and what they must obviously mean

- Rattle and Hum would absolutely be the main theme of the upcoming Australian tour because it was obviously more important there than The Joshua Tree - got that prediction wrong

- the quality of sound/music recordings

- that U2 is in no way, shape or form getting old

- that all members of U2 are in tiptop shape and health(obviously overlooking the fact that Bono had a close call not too long ago)

- that U2 will record and tour AT LEAST into their 80's - never mind the fact that literally anything unexpected could happen to one of them

- that everybody is guilty of playing a part in the growing epidemic of ageism

- how ungrateful U2 fans are for not standing 100% of the time at concerts

- against the fact that U2 are, for all intents and purposes, past their prime in terms of recording

- Rattle and Hum was a huge box office hit

- just about anything else you can think of....and more

Anyway, I haven't posted over there in probably three years, so I have never had the misfortune of interacting with him, but I have unfortunately read many threads he's part taken in. Just thought I should warn y'all. One of the things I have always liked about this forum is the posters by and large seem more centered than the extremes one would see over at the other site. This forum seems to mostly be made up of realists who can disagree, but still mostly get along and find some common ground.

Sorry for the rant. Just thought I would give you a heads up, because if you are a realist, edge4larry aka wons will be getting on your case in the near future.
You just described Sting.

Back
Top Bottom