Next Album Rumours Thread II - Songs of Ass Scent

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Also, I guess Dallas told a bunch of people that the band is working on the new album and he thinks they’re going to love it.

lol, what else would he say? "they're working on a new album but it fucking sucks, you're all going to hate it."

U2 has a new single collaborating with AR Rahman. It’ll be available tonight.

Also, I guess Dallas told a bunch of people that the band is working on the new album and he thinks they’re going to love it. I’m still saying 2022 but interesting comments for sure.

Literally thought this was a joke and that you were making a “JAI-HO, JAI-HO”/Squirtigo/YLB 3D reference.

This is basically the coolest U2 news since, what, the Invisible single release?

Also, there’s no way in hell they don’t play this at the Mumbai show with Rahman, right?

Description online states it has the normal Edge delay followed by Chords

Bono sings the verses, and Rahman's daughters sing in parts of the chorus? Rahman also sings with Bono near the end.

Mentions that Larry and Adam are very low in the mix.

Description online states it has the normal Edge delay followed by Chords

Bono sings the verses, and Rahman's daughters sing in parts of the chorus? Rahman also sings with Bono near the end.

Mentions that Larry and Adam are very low in the mix.
I would say edge is used sparingly also I'm afraid.

I have heard it once so will reserve judgement,but it didn't exactly grab me on first listen.

Better that it’s a grower as opposed to being offputting on first listen, like some recent singles.

You know this place is legit on life-support when we have a surprise single and there’s barely any talk about it. :sad:

Better that it’s a grower as opposed to being offputting on first listen, like some recent singles.

You know this place is legit on life-support when we have a surprise single and there’s barely any talk about it. :sad:
Yeah you are right,will give it a chance. And yeah it is depressing how quite this place is.

No mention of it on u2.com except for the post on Instagram. Wondering where/when we will be able to listen in the US. Don’t see anything on YouTube where I thought would be a good first place to look.

If they didn’t want it released until midnight in each territory, I’m not surprised it isn’t on YouTube yet. Anyone with a VPN could change their location and access it. With iTunes it might be harder.

Song apparently available on itunes Australia now

I have heard it once so will reserve judgement,but it didn't exactly grab me on first listen.

Ok, I used my VPN to set my location to Australia, and I accessed the local iTunes site. I’m not seeing anything under U2 or Ahisma.

Where are you guys seeing/finding it?

Here you go, y’all:

I think it’s fantastic, personally. None of the bombastic things that tend to annoy people re: Bono, very subtle on the verses and enough of a liftoff on the chorus to make it more engaging. Not a “full band” demonstration but this is a perfect blend of some of their strengths with something from another culture, much like Ground Beneath Her Feet:

Is this is at all the direction they’re going in, it’s fine with me. It doesn’t sound like they’re chasing a hit and yet I think this a lot more satisfying than Best Thing or Get Out.

I'll gladly wait a few more hours.

giphy.gif

Here you go, y’all:

I think it’s fantastic, personally. None of the bombastic things that tend to annoy people re: Bono, very subtle on the verses and enough of a liftoff on the chorus to make it more engaging. Not a “full band” demonstration but this is a perfect blend of some of their strengths with something from another culture, much like Ground Beneath Her Feet:

Is this is at all the direction they’re going in, it’s fine with me. It doesn’t sound like they’re chasing a hit and yet I think this a lot more satisfying than Best Thing or Get Out.

I don’t think it’s any type of direction or any indication which direction their going next . Pretty sure the song has just been made because of the gig in India

Back
Top Bottom