News About Album Artwork

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jewel case meaning a hard plastic case, where you can have something imprinted on it:

10mm_Single_Black__CD_Jewel_Case.jpg

The booklet would go underneath, so there would be an image "floating" over the booklet.

I don't know what they did for the digipak, if there is one:

4-Panel-digipak-cd-audio.gif

41i32CrUH8L.jpg

Theres a pic of the cover of the digipack and a pic of the digipack opened up as well. The equal sign is on the horizon image on the cover.

Theres a pic of the cover of the digipack and a pic of the digipack opened up as well. The equal sign is on the horizon image on the cover.

Well, than the equal sign IS part of the cover. That it's not on the booklet means nothing, because they just did something more visually interesting by putting it on the case itself.

Sucks if you break the jewel case though.

Yeah. A band called Icehouse did this on their album Code Blue in 1990, using a silhouette of an aviator on the hard case over a booklet with just newsprint on it.

It looked great but I broke my case in the first week and was pissed. Thankfully subsequent reissues put the silhouette on the booklet.

Well, than the equal sign IS part of the cover. That it's not on the booklet means nothing, because they just did something more visually interesting by putting it on the case itself.
They probably gave each other a high five when whoever it was came up with the idea.

Anyone else notice that the U2-only songs are the ones that people are complaining don't fit in the album.

Also, didn't know the music for White as Snow was traditional.

This is my FAVORITE U2 song of the last 17 years except a few others.

I don't think that word means what you think it means. (I'm just kidding)

Anyone else notice that the U2-only songs are the ones that people are complaining don't fit in the album.

Also, didn't know the music for White as Snow was traditional.

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel

And yes, your first note is indeed interesting.

The lyric crediting on UC is not surprising, considering how un-Bono-ish the lyrics can be at places.

The lyric crediting on UC is not surprising, considering how un-Bono-ish the lyrics can be at places.

My assumption is that the lyrics contributed by Eno/Lanois are entirely in the chorus. That chorus just SCREAMS Danny Lanois.

According to the owner of the album, about the =
"It's a sticker on the cello wrap - not part of the image."

I actually doubt that is true, and believe it to be imprinted on the jewel case, however, it is not really in the center of the jewel case, is it?

lol, sweet! I wasn't even serious when I thought you might have a pic! Thanks! I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

It does look like the = is on the wrapping though, which is odd....I think the idea of printing it on the jewel case is cool! I'm still not sure what version I will buy, probably the box set at some point!:hyper:

It would look better if I had said that it's one of my favorites... but my english sucks. :wink:
Compared to some people I know, it's quite good. Don't worry. :hug:
Also, shame about just having the equal sign on the plastic wrap. I'm keeping the album art on my iPod the version with the sign, however, due to personal preference.

My assumption is that the lyrics contributed by Eno/Lanois are entirely in the chorus. That chorus just SCREAMS Danny Lanois.

Yeah, there's a clip of them doing the chorus in the Danny Lanois "Here Is What Is" movie. It's a very Lanois/Eno song.

So it's not on the case? Good, Prince did that with his 1992 album, it had his 'symbol' in gold embossed on the case, only problem is, and as they are prone, if the jewel case breaks well... :mad:

Lou Reed also did something similar with the album Set The Twilight Reeling, it came in a dark blue case, again if anything breaks, yikes.. try get a direct replacement? nope.

...oh crap, I ordered the standard CD! :doh:

Compared to some people I know, it's quite good. Don't worry. :hug:
Also, shame about just having the equal sign on the plastic wrap. I'm keeping the album art on my iPod the version with the sign, however, due to personal preference.

Oh, thanks. :hug:
Yeah, I guess I'll leave the sign version here too. It really looks better imo.

Back
Top Bottom