New Video on U2.com Pt 3 (New Video 11/1)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wouldn't necessarily say that.

There was early talk about Winter being on the Brothers movie soundtrack, and now White as Snow seems to be on it. I bet the songs are related in some way.

So Crazy Tonight is a Lillywhite song. I guess that makes sense because, based on the clips, it sounds like it'd fit very easily onto HTDAAB. I wonder why U2 couldn't just make a whole album with Eno and Lanois only, so as to achieve maximum cohesion between all the songs. Maybe this has something to do with Iovine's comments that they needed "2 more songs", and so they began looking to Lillywhite for "hit" material? Although since Crazy Tonight was around as a beach clip, I'm actually very confused about what those "2 more songs" ever turned out to be. All the proposed singles were already in pretty finished form.

I disagree. We thought GOYB would be out of place as well, and so far most reviewers said that the album is very cohesive, including GOYB and CT, that both songs fit very well into the album. I also wouldn't necessarily say Crazy is hit material, doesn't sound like that to me from the short clips and certainly not from the Beach Clip, which has, one has to admit, changed substantially. We don't know who produced what song until we find out on the album. But it's not important, if the album is cohesive, and I think CT will be a good opener for the album's second part. I like the clip already.

There was early talk about Winter being on the Brothers movie soundtrack, and now White as Snow seems to be on it. I bet the songs are related in some way.

A reviewer has heard both tracks at a listening party at the Wisseloord studios. Both songs are on the linear movie by Anton Corbijn. So 12 songs on the dvd and 11 songs on the album.

I agree with you. I've been listening to ATYCLB a lot this week (after not listening to it for ages) and it really is a great album. Although that wasn't a Lillywhite album was it?

Going to disagree with you there and say ATYCLB minus Peace On Earth and When I Look at the World would have been a much better album....including the songs that were left off that album "Flower Child" and "Love You Like Mad" would have been a vast improvement...how in the world those songs didn't make it on to ATYCLB or HTDAAB I'll never understand.

A reviewer has heard both tracks at a listening party at the Wisseloord studios. Both songs are on the linear movie by Anton Corbijn. So 12 songs on the dvd and 11 songs on the album.

But hasn't it been reported that there are actually 14 U2 songs in Linear?

Going to disagree with you there and say ATYCLB minus Peace On Earth and When I Look at the World would have been a much better album....including the songs that were left off that album "Flower Child" and "Love You Like Mad" would have been a vast improvement...how in the world those songs didn't make it on to ATYCLB or HTDAAB I'll never understand.

I really like Peace on Earth. :reject:

I could live with out New York though. :reject: :reject:

But hasn't it been reported that there are actually 14 U2 songs in Linear?

Yes, but two of them were instrumentals and are probably bits(maybe intro's) of the 11 album tracks. Fact is that winter is an extra track on Linear and it is a shame it hasn''t been included as a bonus track on NLOTH. I don''t really care for a NLOTH 2 as bonus track or a GOYB punk version. Fine as a B-side but disappointing as a bonus. Fast cars on HTDAAB was a great. Not this time I'm afraid:sad:.

I'm actually glad that Cedars closes the album, I cannot imagine NLOTH 2 coming after that. I had/have the same problem with Fast Cars coming after Yahweh, it just seems so out of place. I love both songs, but I think the album's cohesiveness and atmosphere could easily be destroyed if a song like NLOTH 2 closes after a piece like Cedars. Please U2,no.

I'm not certain about the tracks discussed becoming a different song, but if you pay attention to the songs' reports, Winter and White As Snow were described almost identically. The same for Being Born/Tripoli. At the moment we saw Gavin's white board, there was no longer Tripoli, but a provisory title that were Being Born (prov.). Every Breaking Wave was still there but dumped in favour of White As Snow.

I'm not certain about the tracks discussed becoming a different song, but if you pay attention to the songs' reports, Winter and White As Snow were described almost identically. The same for Being Born/Tripoli. At the moment we saw Gavin's white board, there was no longer Tripoli, but a provisory title that were Being Born (prov.). Every Breaking Wave was still there but dumped in favour of White As Snow.

It's probably a Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me type of thing, where they knew they could finish the song for the deadline so dropped it from the album.

I disagree. We thought GOYB would be out of place as well, and so far most reviewers said that the album is very cohesive, including GOYB and CT, that both songs fit very well into the album. I also wouldn't necessarily say Crazy is hit material, doesn't sound like that to me from the short clips and certainly not from the Beach Clip, which has, one has to admit, changed substantially. We don't know who produced what song until we find out on the album. But it's not important, if the album is cohesive, and I think CT will be a good opener for the album's second part. I like the clip already.

I said a lot of things in there, so I'm not sure exactly which part you disagree with. That Lillywhite produced Crazy Tonight? I'm pretty sure that was confirmed--and it's clear he's running the show in that video clip. You say "most reviewers have said the album is very cohesive". I can't mince words on that one--that is a complete lie. So few reviewers were commenting on this aspect initially that many of us were complaining about the the dearth of information on what is, for many of us, a crucial topic. Very little has been said on this besides from the Interferencers who have been kind enough to answer questions.

Also, Crazy Tonight is being released as their next single, so of course it is "hit material"--or at least more so than anything else on the record besides a couple songs. This is a place where reviewers have been overwhelmingly clear, so I'm not sure what you are basing your comments on (besides your own interpretation). To me, it is evident from the clips that this is the poppiest song with the most obvious hook and therefore most in line with U2's previous album.

Some of this footage of the studio appears in the Observer Video part 2.
Presumably Sean O'Hagan is doing footage for U2.com.

^ Part of the video in the second one has appeared in the videoclips from Adam too, right?

Does that mean Adam has had enormous amount of video documentation that he didn't share with us? :hmm: :lol:

hmm, this isnt working for me

edit: nm, if you're u2.com member you have to logout before opening the link

Wait, so if you're a member you can't watch the new video. Only u2.com could possibly provide something like that, haha.

U2.com won't let me log out, so I can't watch the video. Sadly, I'm not joking. Anyone want to convert and post it?

Haha...that video plays like something that would run over the credits of a high school movie. :lol: Great to see the Eno & Lanois clips---especially the Danny "The Grizzly Bear Canuck" Lanois portion!

ETA: Is the video in discussion not the Observer video part 2? I couldn't get the u2.com one to work at all & assumed it was the same...

NM---it is the same exact video, only with Sean O'Hagan's "I'm Sean O'Hagan" intro cut out

im not sure but that riff sounds like some of the background in fez being born to me u know under the chimney part - people have said it is stand up but i really dont see that

Back
Top Bottom