New U2 Interviews, Part II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Happy Bono mentioned that Invisible would be a great opener, as I think it would be the perfect opener. However, Song for Someone as a closer? I can't imagine that, for now.

Happy Bono mentioned that Invisible would be a great opener, as I think it would be the perfect opener. However, Song for Someone as a closer? I can't imagine that, for now.

Invisible or Miracle would seem obvious as an opener. SFS closing ? Wouldn't mind it if they don't intend to play Troubles in that spot.

I just skimmed this as I'm off to class, but did the "author" mention that Sonic Highways' entire premise is very reminiscent of U2's Rattle and Hum? cough cough

An in article bolded line - U2 Crush Rock n Roll's Rebel Spirit

Then the Foo's bolded line - Foos make rock a spectacle again

These likely sum up how the rest of this "article" will read.

Sigh...

I read the whole thing yesterday. To be fair, the article was ok, and did not take sides really. Said they both went about it different ways, and neither is really better.

The writer did say the Foo's album was just so-so.

The one thing that bothers me is that he states that the Foo's release is "all about the music". Where to me, U2's release was really all about the music. I mean how much more all about the music can you be than to give it to 500 million people for free???

Anyway, don't want to start another month long argument about the release method.

U2's Bono: "I'm Working On My Apology... For The Apology"

11-page in-depth interview via MOJO magazine
XFcijvy.jpg

I read the whole thing yesterday. To be fair, the article was ok, and did not take sides really. Said they both went about it different ways, and neither is really better.

The writer did say the Foo's album was just so-so.

The one thing that bothers me is that he states that the Foo's release is "all about the music". Where to me, U2's release was really all about the music. I mean how much more all about the music can you be than to give it to 500 million people for free???

Anyway, don't want to start another month long argument about the release method.

We are biased on this website so of course we know that SOI is all about the music. :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom