New song on Best of #3......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

In2U2

The Fly
Do you think they will finlly release "Mercy" for the new track on the Best of #3?

Didn't make the the cut for "Bomb" and maybe they will start fresh for the new album.

What do ya think?

Someone who saw Bono in Chicago asked him what it's going to be and he said it's called "Windows to the Ceiling." Something new!

I have this special feeling for Mercy. Like it will never be released.

Rachel D. said:
Someone who saw Bono in Chicago asked him what it's going to be and he said it's called "Windows to the Ceiling." Something new!

hmm, so is it going to be Windows to the Ceiling or Window in the Sky :hmm:

Rachel D. said:
What?! I know that Bono is now writing more about personal stuff -- family life, being a dad, etc -- but now he's writing about his home renovations???

Doesn't really surprise me.

And, no, to the original question.

In2U2 said:
Do you think they will finlly release "Mercy" for the new track on the Best of #3?

Didn't make the the cut for "Bomb" and maybe they will start fresh for the new album.

What do ya think?
:lmao:

I'm still confused why people think 'Mercy' is the new song. According to the news release, the new song is produced by Rick Rubin. I doubt Rick took a finished track and re-produced it, but I guess anything is possible. It's just not at all likely whatsoever.

I hope Mercy will make it onto the next album but I don't think it's the new song produced by Rubin.

I also don't think this song is any of the beach clips either.

Sicy said:

U2 should do a song with Radiohead instead :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry: :crack:

PS: Sicy, it would be nice if you did an update of the smilies hehehe. Bono should look with his hair cut like Popmart :yes: ... and Larry doesn't have a black hair :lol:

What is the big deal with Mercy? This song is not that great to begin with. It is not going to make the best of.... geez, get over that song people!!! :mad:

"Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Smashed In Windows"
"I Threw A Bri........." wait, nevermind
"Window Shopping"
"How Much Is That Child In The Window"
"The Window Campaign"

briedemeaux01vl2.jpg

COBL_04 said:
Hopefully its a hash-up of like Wild Honey, A Man and a Woman and Is That All. That'd go down nicely.

Yes it would go down as smoothly as swallowing an 18 wheeler.

I heard the new song will be "Window In the Sky." I like this title. Mercy should be on the next album, unless the album takes a different musical direction.:bono:

sniggirb said:

Yes it would go down as smoothly as swallowing an 18 wheeler.
That's why it would be so entertainig to read Interference if that happened :wink:

Based on what we've heard Caroline from u2log report I'd guess that "Window In The Sky/Ceiling" is beachclip-400
"Can't You See" if the song is any of the beachclips that is.
"The words I remember are something like 'Look what love has done for us' or maybe 'What has love come to'."

Seems quite similar to:

Oh, can't you see
When your love is gone?

But the recording isn't perfect so I think it's possible that Bono sings:

"Oh, can't you see
What love has done?"

And afterwards at Abbey Road he probably changed some lyrics around.

And further on:
"Sort of 70's pop/crooner-Sweetest Thing kind of vibe."

I don't know about 70's pop or
crooner style of music but it has a prominent piano part like The Sweetest Thing has?

But I could still be wrong, we will find out soon.

I loved the piano melody from 400. I am really looking forward to the song because the beachclip had a Beatles-y ring to it.

Canadiens1160 said:
I loved the piano melody from 400. I am really looking forward to the song because the beachclip had a Beatles-y ring to it.

Thats what I though about 402 ...

The question for the lyric hunt says
"Where shall we go?"

Sounds like the prechorus of clip 403, "Thank You":

"When will we know
As in shall we know"

That was my first thought when I read the question, and of course the first line of that clip:

"Thank you for the
unanswered question"

Back
Top Bottom