New singles collector's boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dean_flynn

The Fly
Message in my Inbox from U2 this morning:

H ELLO THERE

U2'S FANTASTIC NEW SINGLE 'GET ON YOUR BOOTS' IS RELEASED IN THE UK NEXT WEEK!

In celebration of the momentous event, we have 4,000 exclusive U2 7" single collector's edition boxes available to give away.

The clamshell style box will hold all 4 x 7" singles which will be released from the new U2 No Line On The Horizon campaign. Each box is individually numbered too. Here's a sneak preview of what the box artwork looks like.

The clamshell style box will hold all 4 x 7" singles which will be released from the new U2 No Line On The Horizon campaign. Each box is individually numbered too. Here's a sneak preview of what the box artwork looks like.

So, the first single which will sit in the box is 'Get On Your Boots'. The 7" features a brand new b-side song called 'No Line On The Horizon 2'. The single is available in HMV and all good independent record stores from Monday 16th February.

Stock is limited on these formats, so if you don't want to miss out why not order your copies from HMV.com. Click here.

HOW TO G ET YOUR F REE BOX

Please sign up here and make sure you enter your full postal address details.

One box per person can be ordered.
Make sure you sign up by Tuesday 17th February to claim your box. The boxes will be mailed out at the end of w/c 23rd February to you.
Stock is limited, so please apply early to avoid any disappointment!

GOOD L UCK

Also if you can't wait, don't forget you can download the single from Sunday 15th February from iTunes.

Looks like there is def 4 singles to be released then:-

GOYB
Magnificent
Crazy Tonight

wonder what the fourth one is?

Looks like there is def 4 singles to be released then:-

GOYB
Magnificent
Crazy Tonight

wonder what the fourth one is?

Fez-Being Born. Universal Kyrgyzstan told me so. Unlike Bono, they don't lie. :wink:

Morning all , when i signed up for this collectors box this morning i didnt scroll all the way down and just hit register . Afterwards when my girlfriend signed up she scrolled all the way down the page and ticked the "have you read the privacy policy box " and then registered . We both got the same " thanks for registering " or whatever it was , but because i didnt tick that box does that mean i havent been signed up to get box ?

Wow this is an awesome way to get us to buy the singles.

PS: On the "thank you for registering" page Adam looks like a grey haired Ellen Degeneres.

Has anyone received that confirmation email they mention? I signed up for this yesterday but haven't received any email.

Here's a look at the box. The other side has the horizon photo, no = sign.

NLOTHsinglesboxset2.jpg

Since the singles aren't released in the US, I seriously think this won't be available to people in the US. Same as the sleeves they gave away during HTDAAB weren't.

And Bono looks constipated :huh:
I actually think they look alright. What's with The Edge always wearing running shoes; it looks like he wants to be a kid. That said, I wear running shoes but that's because of my plantar faciitis and poor wardrobe.

Anyone notice in the mailer that the b-side actually will be called - No line on the horizon 2 - (they added 2 at the end) I wonder if it's same song or a 2nd part say like synchronicity II. It would make more sense than releasing the alternate version.

Anyone notice in the mailer that the b-side actually will be called - No line on the horizon 2 - (they added 2 at the end) I wonder if it's same song or a 2nd part say like synchronicity II. It would make more sense than releasing the alternate version.

Been discussed elsewhere, as has the bonus tracks... Some ppl claimed that they were ripping off coldplay (Life in Technicolor ii)....

All this info has been on iTunes for a week now... Australian punters are getting a video of the making of Fez/BB as a bonus...

I signed up on this twice with two different e-mails yesterday... I hope that doesn't fuck me.

Been discussed elsewhere, as has the bonus tracks... Some ppl claimed that they were ripping off coldplay (Life in Technicolor ii)....

All this info has been on iTunes for a week now... Australian punters are getting a video of the making of Fez/BB as a bonus...

Be a bit hard to be ripping them of considering U2 have already done something similar with Boomeran I AND II

The fourth single will be Unknown Caller / Moment of Surrender.

UC A-side, MOS B-side

wtf, i even didn't get an email form u2.com?

how is this possible?

I actually haven't gotten any of the newsletter type emails from U2.com since I renewed my subscription in November. I end up hearing about them all here. I guess that's what I get for renewing.

Back
Top Bottom