New singles collector's boxes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It might be hard to make such a thing as long as the band haven't decided on the 4 singles :)

^ they said they'd be posted on like the 26th of Feb...

Also, the box didn't list what the singles were, it just was a box to house them. I'd say it was either a fake, or that they went in a matter of seconds. Strange no ebays yet though

Update on the boxes

This is part of the email i just got

'Magnificent', the second single taken from 'No Line On The Horizon', will be released in the UK on the 4th May. The new single will be released on 7" single and will also be available digitally.The 7" will be a limited edition, which features on the a-side 'Magnificent' (Edit), and on the b-side, 'Breathe', taken from a recent live show recorded at the Somerville Theatre in Boston, USA. Click here to order your copy of the 'Magnificent' 7" from HMV.com.
Those of you who were lucky enough to receive one of the free U2 Collector's Edition Boxes sent out in February, this new 7" is part two of the set. We were completely over subscribed with orders for the free boxes, and only 6,000 were manufactured, all of these have now been sent out. Sorry if you didn't make the lucky 6,000, but we've another competition below for you, so have a go!

6,000 that's rubbish going by the original mail it was 4,000:hmm:

Ive not seen any box or anyone getting these boxes yet, Wtf:down:

yeah I got that email and came over to here what you guys made of it. Really weird that they say they were all sent out yet NO-ONE has one on eBay which, let's face it, in this day and age is unheard of and no-one here has received one. Do these boxes even exist? haha

i am calling bullshit on this one. i signed up for this thing immediately. as did a lot of people here on interference. if there were really 6000 of them, not only would there be some on ebay, but someone here on interference would have one. because lets face it, WE ARE THE ONES trolling about, waiting for new U2 stuff.

At least a few of those 6000 would have been in the sweaty hands of us interferencers.

And yet not one human has even seen one. I think they just dropped the ball on this one and don't want to fess up

Yeah I replied just seconds after getting the e-mail - and thought I'd be in with a chance. Seems like a load of cobblers to me.

This doesn't exist and to cover their own backs they are saying that they ran out. I 100% believe this to be true. Even worse than lying, what they did was illegal. Simple misrepresentation to get our details for a mailing list.

Sometimes what U2 put their name to and who they give control of their affairs to never ceases to amaze me.

i am calling bullshit on this one. i signed up for this thing immediately. as did a lot of people here on interference. if there were really 6000 of them, not only would there be some on ebay, but someone here on interference would have one. because lets face it, WE ARE THE ONES trolling about, waiting for new U2 stuff.

At least a few of those 6000 would have been in the sweaty hands of us interferencers.

And yet not one human has even seen one. I think they just dropped the ball on this one and don't want to fess up

I agree. I signed up immediately and I'm sure the other super fans we have on this board did as well. The level of fans on this board far exceeds any other; if Axver can tell me the setlist of the 3rd show that U2 played when they were known as "Feedback", I'm sure someone here would have come up with one of these ultra limited edition boxes.

yeah never thought it could be quite so 'sinister' (ie. taking our addresses under the pretense of sending out 'boxes' just to mail us updates) until chrissy suggested that. If that were true I'd be quite pissed off. I mean I'm already signed up but the idea that they could let something like that fly is appalling..

i really hope this gets brought up at some point. It may not be a HUGE deal to the outside world but here it's obviously a bit of an issue, and rightly so!! If an interviewer were to drop that suddenly I would very much like to see the band answer that. I don't want to see them squirm, I'm not a cruel man. I would just like to see them to at least acknowledge that someone fucked up and do something.

yeah you might THINK being abducted by U2 would be great but just imagine how fucking BORING it would be. Would take them 20 fucking years just to get back to their homeland with constant updates from Bono saying "this is gonna be the best place you've ever been or we're finishedtc etc etc etc etc etc

or are we talking U2 hiring a bunch of people to 'take care of us' and make sure they get fresh faces in the front rows forever?

Well, perhaps they're not there yet cause Magnificent is delayed?

For whatever reason it is that single's delayed, there's gotta be a reason to do it!

I've now seen 3 of the boxes for sale on Ebay, with photographs. The boxes look pretty decent actually. So maybe they have just been posted out this week, hopefully to the people who originally emailed in to get them!

Well i gave up on receiving mine,and when i got back from my wee weekend break whats waiting for me at the house??? You guessed it my collectors box,its very smart actualy.

i dunno about anyone else BUT MY BOX ARRIVED TOO!
U2 [or whoever's responsible] i take it all back! This is a great little box. Very smart as super fly guy said. :D yay!:lol::applaud:

yeah it arrived this morning. My Mum came into my room and threw a little bubblewrap parcel on my bed. wasn't expecting it so it's a very nice surprise. came with a crease in the side right the way through to the underside by the part you pull to open it. shame but it's good to have it :)

bought my second 7".So glad it finally has something to go in!! :hyper: haha

anyone else got their box yet??

Yep, glad to say I got my box this morning! So I now also have something to put the 7" singles in. Hope everyone else who ordered a box gets theirs too.

Back
Top Bottom