new recording outside HQ.. very clear! (no links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thematically, sounds a lot like OoTS to me.

But that's only based on the few lyrics I could discern.

I just listened to it and I couldn't hear a goddam thing.

I can't wait to hear, you know, an actual recorded version of the song.

If universal take that clip off it's very sad, it's 2 mins of poor quality and it keeps us mad U2 fans happy for a little bit longer, it's all a bit of fun.

Why are some people already moaning about this song being nothing to get excited about?, how on earth can you really tell after listening to that? 1:52 seconds of a song that was recorded by someone OUTSIDE the studio, yet some are already rulling that it will be like everything else the band has done?

jeesus nice to see this place dosent change.

Why are some people already moaning about this song being nothing to get excited about?, how on earth can you really tell after listening to that? 1:52 seconds of a song that was recorded by someone OUTSIDE the studio, yet some are already rulling that it will be like everything else the band has done?

Agreed.

I was actually reminded of Love You Like Mad after listening to this a few times. It sounds like U2, but not like Bomb. I have no idea what some of you are hearing.

I agree it's hard to tell from a 1.52 clip but IMO it sounds like a b-side, the small clips of music on U2.com are far more intersting and that's obviously a more reliabale source than poor quality clips from outside a studio.

1:27 sounds like the section from Adam's webcam where he's on his bass.

Thanks Sicy I didn't know that, I posted the original clip on Youtube last night:wave:

If universal take that clip off it's very sad, it's 2 mins of poor quality and it keeps us mad U2 fans happy for a little bit longer, it's all a bit of fun.

Well this is why we don't allow links here /sharing files because they have a big stick up their ass when it comes to this stuff.

This sound very intressting, the only part on the song that reminds me of other U2 songs is Edge's guitar. And U2 is not U2 without Edge.
When JT was released U2 fans thought that some of the songs sounded like earlier songs... It always gonna be like that. If they did an album with only asian folk music Im pretty sure I would find something that remind me of older songs.
I know that this album gonna be different from their other albums, just like RAH was to Uf, HTDAAB to AB...

I hope this is a B side, sounds similar to NLOTH clip from a few weeks ago,
Weeks ago? Have I miss that one? PeterrrrrU2@hotmail.com :)

I hope they include that one song we heard from the 2006 clip named by the fans as "I believe" that song was AMAZING!!! Its not very innovative in the terms that it sounds similar to Hold me, kiss me..... but dang those bridges were so nice. To me I don't care either if it is innovative or not, it doesn't have to sound completely different then anything they've done in the past, because even if it sounds like something in the past but if the song is really good, who cares then if it is innovative or not. Think about it U2 has been in the music business for 30 years and they've re-invented themselves so many times and I think there is a limit of how many times they can re-invent themselves. The problem here is that U2 created JT and AB, two albums which I believe U2 themselves will never be able to top anymore and the problem is that all the albums after these are always compared to those two albums and of course when you compare and expect an album like those two then you might be disappointed. I think we should stop comparing the new albums or new U2 music to the past because well that was the past and this is now. if you don't compare and don't expect you will not be disappointed. Bomb, ATYCLB were great albums in their respect with some great songs in there but I get the feeling people were expecting them to be like JT or AB but thats just not going to happen and it's not fair to the albums to compare them. I say just enjoy the music for what it is and that's it. For me this album could sound like ATYCLB or Bomb or it could sound like AB and I will still enjoy it because it's new music. I am not however expecting U2 to ever make another album like AB or JT and I am perfectly happy with that.

I think that's a good thing - people's expectations were getting quite high lately because of Lanois' recent comments on the album; perhaps if we all lower our expectations, we'll be pleasantly surprised :up:

Btw, it says the video has been removed on Youtube.

If so, could someone please send it to jtessa_simone@hotmail.com?

Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom