new recording outside HQ.. very clear! (no links please!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
YouTube link:

http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=Cj3Vr_FXzJw

I like the vocal delivery during the verse, plus some interesting guitar work.

Thanks, bub. Seems like the same old U2; I don't know. I hope the new stuff is more adventurous and innovative than this.

We don't need Coldplay-style, radio-friendly newness, but some real quality.

thanks for sending!

Bono sounds fantastic :drool: it sounds like a very big song, great chorus I'm liking the sound of it a lot :up: i like the rhythm, the start-stop. That's a bit different for U2 imo.

i cant freaking wait for this album

this sounds great

I'm really excited

anyone think this will be the single?

Thanks, bub. Seems like the same old U2; I don't know. I hope the new stuff is more adventurous and innovative than this.

We don't need Coldplay-style, radio-friendly newness, but some real quality.

this makes me wonder...what do people really want? I mean, how innovative can we get here? U2 are always going to sound like U2...there's no way around that, if you can't accept that fact, you might as well not bother with the album.

My attitude is something like this:

The album can be a masterpiece if the songs are truly great...it doesn't have to be some revolutionary sound for it to be a truly spectacular album. The songs can simply be maybe a little different, maybe some daring song structures or some actual new sounds from Edge, maybe some groovey, heavy bass lines...that would all be lovely...and we should all be expecting things of that nature, not some revolutionary sound or whatever....as long as the songs are incredible, the album should be too! I think a big plus that we've been seeing more and more is the fact that Bono's voice is truly back and sounding powerful, smooth, and energetic...I think that will really be a major improvement, looking back all the way to Pop, an album in which Bono's vocals are fairly strong....we could possibly get the best vocals from Bono since AB, and maybe even stronger, who knows! :)

There is a YouTube clip. Just search "Walk out into the street U2" and you should find it.

Here's the YouTube link again: http://www.you tube.com/watch?v=Cj3Vr_FXzJw

I know this happens every recording thread but I'm baffled at the number of people that prefer having a personal mp3 copy sent via email to simply checking it on YT. It's not like a fully produced single dropped from the sky, it's just a somewhat faint 1:52 recording of a verse/chorus. Do people make compilations of these pre-release beach recordings?

i think the song sounds pretty cool. i really like the guitar during the chorus. i don't understand the comparisons to Miracle Drug. from what i can hear, this song sounds a lot more complex, at least with chord patterns.

Back
Top Bottom