New Interview with Larry Tomorrow on RTE 2fm

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That part where Larry talks about the band decisions not being Bono's decision alone is I think directed at the people slamming him about the tax thing. I've said this from the very beginning that there are four other people who are involved in that decision and to expect them to make financial decisions on the basis of whether or not it makes Bono look bad is absolute rubbish. Plus the fact that Ireland has been on the recieving end of being a tax shelter and I don't remember people squawking about how they shouldn't be taking money away from other countries by enticing people to move to Ireland.

Dana

Some interesting things:

- Recording became difficult in the end because Danny and Brian were song-writing AND producing.

- Touring over two years, writing music during it (Europe, America, America, Europe)

- Stage show is "four legs". Not right in centre of stadium, but close to it. There will be screens. Never been done - trying to bring band closer to audience. A lot of the technology they want to use has not been invented yet.

- Looks forward to playing Streets most - the great live moment.

- His youthful looks are down to "the luck of the draw".

- TV is very difficult (RE. Letterman). The residency was a good thing because it gives people a chance to get to know the band. Understands why people thinks it is "a little excessive".

- If you aren't making great records, why should people buy the album rather than whole songs.

- Is there room for another band to be as big as U2 now? The industry isn't the same now - difficult for young bands... have to sell themselves in ways which would have been seen as "offensive" in the past.

- Downloading songs and albums for free has "no impact" on him, or U2 - but does for young bands.

- People much more interested in short-term singles and albums. No one wants a band for three decades anymore. "I'm sick of U2!"

- "I'm not even the best drummer in U2!"

- Will play in Ireland this tour. Restricted in terms of venues in Ireland - which is annoying.

Some interesting things:

- Recording became difficult in the end because Danny and Brian were song-writing AND producing.

- Touring over two years, writing music during it (Europe, America, America, Europe)

- Stage show is "four legs". Not right in centre of stadium, but close to it. There will be screens. Never been done - trying to bring band closer to audience. A lot of the technology they want to use has not been invented yet.

- Looks forward to playing Streets most - the great live moment.

- His youthful looks are down to "the luck of the draw".

- TV is very difficult (RE. Letterman). The residency was a good thing because it gives people a chance to get to know the band. Understands why people thinks it is "a little excessive".

- If you aren't making great records, why should people buy the album rather than whole songs.

- Is there room for another band to be as big as U2 now? The industry isn't the same now - difficult for young bands... have to sell themselves in ways which would have been seen as "offensive" in the past.

- Downloading songs and albums for free has "no impact" on him, or U2 - but does for young bands.

- People much more interested in short-term singles and albums. No one wants a band for three decades anymore. "I'm sick of U2!"

- "I'm not even the best drummer in U2!"

- Will play in Ireland this tour. Restricted in terms of venues in Ireland - which is annoying.

THANKS FOR THIS :applaud:

i thought that it was cool he saying that drums is not his life, is part of his job. i really appreciate this kind of thing in a person... i mean, the person need to know how to separate things!

Back
Top Bottom