New Game

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Psychobabble

The Fly
a. Pick your least favorite song from your favorite U2 Album.

b. Now pick your favorite song from your least favorite U2 album.

c. Now, which would you rather listen to?

So Cruel from Achtung Baby

Breathe from No Line

Slight edge to Breathe.

1) Trip Through Your Wires
2) Sometimes You Can't Make It... OYO (i got tired)
3) Trip Through Your Wires

Actually, BOMB has grown on me...let's do this again:

2) Stand Up Comedy

I'll play but I have to start with my 4th fave album as I consider The Unforgettable Fire, Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby perfect front to back:
a] Wild Honey
b] Moment of Surrender
c] Moment of Surrender any day of the week.

Okay I realized I was playing this game wrong. :lol:

2) Moment of Surrender
3) Moment of Surrender

Ah a I see your other post. I was genuinely impressed, and going to ask what you saw in it given the universal loathing of the song

So Cruel

Magnificent

Magnificent

This is a tough one actually. UF has been my favourite for so long, but it might have recently been overtaken by Boy. For fun let's go with both:

Boy: The Ocean
UF: MLK

The Ground Beneath Her Feet from ATYCLB. If that's not permitted, then When I Look at the World.

In all permutations, the song from ATYCLB. Perhaps surprisingly!

a) Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World
b) The Troubles
c) Definitely The Troubles, Tryin' sounds unfinished (albeit with a decently catchy chorus), whereas The Troubles is top-tier U2 among an otherwise quite tepid album.

Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

Please

Please wins...:)

Huh...AB is your favorite and Pop your least favorite album? Most people I meet are either '80's or '90's (or '00/'10's) era fans. Interesting!

For me:

Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World

v.

Breathe

The winner is Breathe.

So far, more people have picked their favorite song from their least favorite album, rather than the other way around. Perhaps this shows that even their worst albums have at least a few really good songs?

So far, more people have picked their favorite song from their least favorite album, rather than the other way around. Perhaps this shows that even their worst albums have at least a few really good songs?

Absolutely! The "worst" U2 albums to me are the ones that have too many out-of-place, skippable songs. NLOTH has that strange Crazy-Boots-Comedy sequence in the middle of an album that otherwise felt like a 21st century Unforgettable Fire. And I still think the title track was a huge missed opportunity - they just never found a mix/production that quite worked. The busker version they played live once or twice was cool though.

a. Trying to Throw Your Arms
b. Magnificent
c. Magnificent right now. But if I had to pick only one for the rest of my life, it would be Trying to Throw Your Arms for the nostalgia value. Can't imagine a world without the entirety of Achtung.

Trip Through Your Wires

Vs

New Year’s Day

I mean, do I really have to answer?

Back
Top Bottom