New Demos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Pretty sure those last two are the demos that Blue Room posted a few months ago, but then never gave us any info about them. And they came with a giant :wink:.

So really, doesn't sound like anything new, although confirmation of the last 2 demos on that being from the DM sessions would be nice. Not sure how credible this is. Wonder who got them, how, etc...

I really like the mood of those 2 clips (which are obviously just the same song). Not sure where this came from, but I enjoyed it!

I was depressed about most of the video's material until I read that only the last 2 clips were new demos.

Those last 2 have me very interested because The Edge is finally not using the most boring guitar setting.

I try to be optimistic but I've felt let down for over a decade and it's hard. I'll definitely buy the bloody thing, though. I just hope it's great. This band can come back and do it.

Whatever that last bit is surfaced awhile ago, I don't remember if it was last year or 2011, but I've definitely heard it before.

********DISCLAIMER**************
I have no idea if this is part of the new album and my "guess" is that it is not as the new album is probably way further along and this is still very rough obviously. This IS the outro though to the first demo being discussed. I "think" it is Bono on guitar but I'm not so sure now. I'm curious what others think. Nothing more than that. No hoopla or ridiculousness this time please. I'm hesitant to even post this, seriously. But here goes.........

U2 Demo 1 outro.mp3

What do you think?

thanks for sharing Blue Room. :up:

if it's not Bono on guitar, but the Edge, then who's on piano?

I have no idea if this is part of the new album and my "guess" is that it is not as the new album is probably way further along and this is still very rough obviously. This IS the outro though to the first demo being discussed. I "think" it is Bono on guitar but I'm not so sure now. I'm curious what others think. Nothing more than that. No hoopla or ridiculousness this time please. I'm hesitant to even post this, seriously. But here goes.........

U2 Demo 1 outro_mp3

What do you think?

Thanks for this Blue Room. At the end, it sounds like it's building to something big. Have you heard any new info or even other potential songs?

U2 Demo 1 outro_mp3

What do you think?

Cheers for sharing this Blue Room. Fascinating stuff.

Bono used to play piano on Sweetest Thing live... maybe it's the other way around

Could it not simply be Terry Lawless on keys? That seems the most logical thing to me - especially if it's a soundcheck (which it very much sounds like). Either that or it's overdubbed if it's studio.

That's now 3 parts to that song we have

Actually it is two. As I mentioned before both prior samples are two different songs, they are similiar though. Different versions in the same way Desert Of Our Love is a different version of Still Havent Found (except not quite as pronounced as that, does that make sense? :lol: ).

Cheers for sharing this Blue Room. Fascinating stuff.

Could it not simply be Terry Lawless on keys? That seems the most logical thing to me - especially if it's a soundcheck (which it very much sounds like). Either that or it's overdubbed if it's studio.

I thought of that, or Dallas Schoo is on guitar and Edge is piano as he is also in the studio and on the road with Edge. Dallas does contribute at times.

Thanks for this Blue Room. At the end, it sounds like it's building to something big. Have you heard any new info or even other potential songs?

I have no idea what is going on right now regarding recording. I have second hand info though that they are planning to tour in 2014 as of a few months ago. But that really is not news.

Actually it is two. As I mentioned before both prior samples are two different songs, they are similiar though. Different versions in the same way Desert Of Our Love is a different version of Still Havent Found (except not quite as pronounced as that, does that make sense? :lol: ).

How do you know they are? It is definitely the same song - same key, chord progression, just like a chorus / middle 8 thing.

Sorry, unless you can prove it, I really don't believe that they are different songs.

They may be from different recordings, which may tend towards the soundcheck theory - don't sound like studio to me, so maybe it is the same song, different recording from a soundcheck?

How do you know they are? It is definitely the same song - same key, chord progression, just like a chorus / middle 8 thing.

Sorry, unless you can prove it, I really don't believe that they are different songs.

Don't care what you believe. Its that simple. I provided the samples, no one else did.

Back
Top Bottom