New Demos?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Something good happened in PLEBA? :ohmy: I generally try to forget that that place exists. :wink:

You have the wrong picture. PLEBA is usually faster with news from various sources on the band and the music than any other corner on this site. And the people are generally better informed. We sometimes laugh when we see stuff we knew about 2 weeks or so ago actually pop up on this forum and be considered as "news". :wink:

Ok I finally was just able to listen to the audio on that last You Tube post. Haven't we heard that before? It sounded very familiar.

Definitely them, doesn't sound like an IEM recording, but doesn't sound "studio" either. My guess is a soundcheck recorded by someone in the building, as opposed to outside a stadium (IEM or otherwise). It just sounds "on stage".

Thanks for the find.

Okay, finally listened to that demo. Digging that riff but it definitely sounds like a random jam session and nothing more. It is exciting to hear new sounds though! :hyper:

Since U2 have 4 albums, I'm curious, which one will this song be on?

- 10 Reasons To Exist
- Solar
- Expect Nothing
- The Edge is on Fire

If it was someone from PLEBA, no chance. Instead of a portable sound recorder, they would be holding a DSRL with a 500mm zoom lense.

:lol:

I honestly don't care even if we don't get any beach clips this time around. Just drop the damn thing when it is finished like Bowie or Radiohead did. No hype please.

If Boner is actually playing songs out his balcony in France i would take that aw a very good sign... and that we may actually have an album by the fall.

I know its been a while since the last album... but its only been a year and a half since the tour ended. So as much as i want an album this year, i won't very stunned if we have to wait till next year.

From the little I've heard of the Rubin sessions, it sounds like they were going even further down the middling "adult contemporary" road they began on Bomb. Foot-tapping bar music. Not at all surprising they jettisoned that stuff. Dare I say it, if the Rubin album had come to fruition, it may have been an even bigger dungpile than Bomb :doh:

The Rubin sessions were interesting but I think would have produced a VERY mediocre album. It just was not the U2 way of doing things and it was just not quite a good fit.

I think they should have gone with Daniel Lanois with limited input from Eno like they did with Achtung Baby. Daniel likes to butt heads with them in the studio without Eno there all the time to offset that, it seems to produce music with more grit.

I have a bad feeling Danger Mouse might be a "yes" man with U2. They seem to need someone to fight with them in the studio to produce their top notch stuff. :shrug:

Super cautiously optimistic though for the next album. At this stage if there are 5 or 6 really good songs I will be ok with it. Not expecting another full album masterpiece.

I have a bad feeling Danger Mouse might be a "yes" man with U2. They seem to need someone to fight with them in the studio to produce their top notch stuff. :shrug:

Not to pick 'nits', because I basically get what you're saying but they're all 'yes-men' in the end with U2. Burton just needs to push them to have CONFIDENCE in what they are doing. And to not change it at the last minute...again. Go with the vision and sink or swim with it.

Sure, Eno and Lanois have 'fought' with them (relatively speaking) every time they've recorded with them. But ultimately they work for U2. Producer influence (short of actual writing collaborations) with U2 is highly exaggerated.

In fact, it's highly exaggerated in general - in rock. Artists get what they put into it and the producer produces what was produced - by the musicians. So unless the producer is one of them, that influence can only be so great. I mean, if it's Phil Spector and he's producing and he's also writing the song - that's one thing. But if it's Rick Rubin, he's just there to listen, really. Those are two extremes, but I'm just trying to say - U2 - are the ones that have to have the goods. If they don't have the goods, production won't matter.

DM or Lillywhite or E/L or Flood or Howie B or Nellee Hooper or anyone else can suggest whatever they want to U2. But it is entirely up to U2 to have the balls to do X, Y or Z.

Back
Top Bottom