New Album "Ready to Go" according to Adam

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
From the July 2 Rolling Stone article "Adam Clayton on Quarantine Life, U2’s SiriusXM Channel and Future Plans"

Finally, are you working on new songs for the next U2 record?
We are. There’s always something on the go, as I’m sure Edge mentioned. We did some recording last year that got us some really great starting points and complete songs. There’s an album ready to go, we’re just not ready to sure when we want to press that button.

Oh. Wow.
When I say ready to go, I mean ready to be completed. Let’s put it that way.

New Album "Ready to Go" according to Adam

It’s nowhere near done. Reading between the lines it sounds like like they still need to record it and then rewrite them again two times.

I hope Bono truly takes this break in from the pandemic and rests up. He’s had a rough go the past few years. I don’t mind the wait.

For what it’s worth:

It’s very, very fresh. We’ve cut everything quite quickly. We’re coming to things in a shorthand way. The feedback we get from that is pretty good. We want to be quick, down and dirty with the next one.

Of course, saying you’re going to be more spontaneous/expedient and actually following through on that are two different things.

For what it’s worth:

It’s very, very fresh. We’ve cut everything quite quickly. We’re coming to things in a shorthand way. The feedback we get from that is pretty good. We want to be quick, down and dirty with the next one.

Of course, saying you’re going to be more spontaneous/expedient and actually following through on that are two different things.

They say that with every album cycle and never follow through.

We can only hope that they’re getting too old to want to drag it out for their usual extended period. I’s be willing to bet at least two of them don’t want to do that shit anymore (namely the rhythm section).

Something inside me dies whenever an established group says Oh we just want to get back to basics, four guys in a room, crank out some good old rock.

Sorry, but that's been done. Over and over and over. By hundreds of lesser groups than U2.
If they can bring some new ideas to the table, then bring them.

Back
Top Bottom