New Album Plan (Hypothetical)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When did a notable act last release a double album? It is a bit of a relic of an idea.

Anyway it's not that far removed the common bonus disc idea that we see a lot thesedays. But to me the term 'double album' is just gonna cement the notion of them being a relic of an act in the minds of the general populous.

When did a notable act last release a double album? It is a bit of a relic of an idea.

Anyway it's not that far removed the common bonus disc idea that we see a lot thesedays. But to me the term 'double album' is just gonna cement the notion of them being a relic of an act in the minds of the general populous.

Stadium Arcadium is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, and even that was six years ago. The funny thing is that RHCP are the same age as U2, yet they are not really considered relics. They seem to command much more cred amongst younger folks. If a 20 year old declares their fandom for RHCP, that is usually enthusiastically greeted by their peers. That's not really the case with U2 anymore. If U2 feel they have a double album in them, they should follow their instincts and pursue that avenue. They are already considered old amongst the plebs, nothing is going to change that.

The album itself is a relic of an idea.

But if they have enough material, why not ? Plenty of legendary double albums in rock. And it's one of the few things they haven't truly done yet (Rattle and Hum was only "double" in LP format).

One thing I wish they would come out and say is "we will never release a double album, ever, so stop hoping the next one will be, and do not post about it on interference, ok"

Listen to music by other bands. There's a lot of it out there.

<delurk>Underworld did this very thing on their last release. Don't know if any of you listen to them, but it was a really great idea. Here's the demo disc, aka the original mixes, and here's what we released. </delurk>

I wish U2 would do a track with David Guetta.
That would be the worst thing they could do. I can't stand the David Guetta's, Rihanna's and Lady Gaga's of this world.

I like house music to a certain degree, went to lots of festivals, raves etc (not anymore,. I'm actually pretty much done with it). I associate David Guetta with everything house is not.

Well, Adam was quoted as saying they want to be heard in the clubs again. Maybe if they worked with Oakenfold like they did in the 90s but I dunno what he's up to. And Bono would still like to be perceived as relevant and great by the younger crowd, so if it turned out awesome, why not. In any case Larry would probably shoot down the whole idea.

I've heard a Streets remix played at a dance club in the last year..

U2 are not quite the antiquated, hated relics we make them out to be

:lol:

How about three separate albums coming out over a period of four months. The first one can be called "Uno!"...the second "Dos!" and the third can be "Catorse!" because Bono still hasn't learned Spanish.

Nobody has done that recently. :shifty:

It was U2's idea first to count in Spanish?

Next thing I'll find out here is that Bono invented the Spanish language.

Back
Top Bottom